Skip to content

Freeze issue due to pause/unpause after a varied amount of time

DeCrunchDeCrunch Member Posts: 14
Hey,

I am currently playing muliplayer BG:EE with a friend of mine. Both of us have SoD installed, and I am using the steam version while he is using the standalone Beamdog version.

After a varied amount of time (~20-40mins), when my friend pauses/unpauses (also when quicksaving), my frames drop massively. It is basically frozen and only seldom "updates" the screen. I can still access inventory, switch items, the combat text working, etc, so the UI in general is working. It seems that the 'pause' is working properly (it says "playername": 'PAUSE' in combat log), but when it should 'unpause', the combat log is blank (it says "playername": ' ', instead of "playername": 'UNPAUSE') and it does not unpause properly.

Reloading does not solve the issue, only restarting the game does.

Does anyone know where this could come from? We are not using any mods.

Thanks for any help,

DeCrunch

P.S.: Also, does anyone know how to deactivate scripts once and for all? My characters get always set to "advanced AI" after every reload, even though I set it to "None" multiple times.

Comments

• FlayerivFlayeriv Member Posts: 23
    Out of interest, does the screen stay grey for you?

I have also experienced in a multiplayer game issues where if the game pauses for whatever reason (automatically or willingly) the game does not then unpause for me while it does for the other player. The whole screen remains grey, I cannot move or work with any of my characters, and I cannot personally pause or unpause it either.
  • DeCrunchDeCrunch Member Posts: 14
    They gray screen is, as far as I know, caused by the setting which turns the screen gray during pauses. You can change that in the options menu.

It is probably caused by the little video which gets played when the main character dies (the one with the hand slowly decaying). After that, the pause issue occurs in multiplayer (only for non-hosts). Just don't let the main character die and you should be fine. ;)
    Also, the next patch should apparently fix it.
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    Quick tip.

You can fix the "freeze" issue in game by having the host's character start a conversation with another NPC or PC in the party. Course, this only works until he saves again, but at least you don't have to reload the whole session.