Skip to content

Cannon party

MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
The arrival of SOD has got me thinking about the cannon party. For BG1 it has always been Imoen, Jaheira/Khalid, Minsk/Dynaheir. That works fine if you don't romance Jaheira but, to me, it has always seemed off that you travelled with her and her husband for a long while, shared lots of moments with both and then, around 3 weeks after Khalid is on the ground you sleep with the wife of your dead friend.

As I see Jaheira's romance as the cannon one (it seems more fleshed out), I'd argue that the cannon party for BG1/SOD should not have them and in fact, you could just skip the Inn before chapter 3 and never have met them (that assasin at the door makes you run away, for example). Then they would come to your party before end SOD when they join you to be captured (I assume it will be something like that. Please no spoilers as i am an iPad player :-))

That gives us two slots to fill. Who do you think would be more fitting? There are also 2 slots free in SOA (or one, considering Sarevok for TOB as cannon) so it could be recurrent NPCs :-)

I start:
-Charname Fighter dualled to Mage right at the start of SOA (Lv10)
BG1:
- Imoen
- Minsk
- Dynaheir
- Brawnen (need cleric and she is fast available)
- Kivan (fast available)

SOD
- The new captain NPC that has something to do with the story instead of Imoen (I am guessing things here)
- Minsk
- Dynaheir
- 2 slots where I dont know if any of the two above fit.

SOA/TOB
- Yoshimo/Imoen
- Minsk
- Aerie (new witch for the only NPC with you all 4 games)
- Jaheira
- Free spot for all othee NPCs to do their own quest. Becomes Sarevok in TOB

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited April 2016
    gangler said:

Honestly I think it's less an issue than the fact that she's your godmother.Gorion had arranged that if he were to die she was to raise you in his absence.

Thats only an issue if you meet her in BG1. If you meet her end SOD then you have no relationship with her and it isn't weird. Except for the whole age thing with human-elf relationships, of course. But that is a necessary suspension of disbelief in D&D :)
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited April 2016
    Well, I am not sure how Gorion making an arrangement with his harper friends makes it weird for you to date her when, regardless of what your dad wanted after he dies, you two never met and had that mentor/protector-scared young kid relationship. If you meet end SOD you have at least killed Sarevok and saved Baldur's Gate and maybe even solved whatever happens in SOD. You are not a kid that needs protection. As you are not related in anyway (other than some arrangements made by your foster father when he thought you needed to be protected) I dont see how Her being your theoretical godmother makes it weird. Sounds like a funny cocktail party story.

What is weird, in fact, is that he wants two Lv1s to foster you :-D
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    I just romance Aerie. Jaheira's damaged goods