Skip to content

I met Drizzt and killed Wulfgar...

Playing a good party, with Keldorn and Jaheira so openly fighting Drizzt just after the Underdark isn't an option. Yet the Bhaal's blood calls and I noticed something odd.
When Drizzt was leaving after accepting to fight Bodhi, all of them started leaving except Wulfgar who just sat there, probably looking for the hammer.
Two minor sequencers of magic missiles and a potion of fire breathing later, Wulfgar is no more.

Anyone else noticed Wulfgar being a stick in the mud?

Comments

• minsc4prezminsc4prez Member Posts: 105
    No, but infinty games have all kinds of wierd glitches in them
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 274
    edited April 2016

Anyone else noticed Wulfgar being a stick in the mud?
    *spaniard accent*
    "You keep using that expression... I do not think that expression means what you think it means."

I also think you should not concern yourself over what a good aligned party would do to Drizzt... while murdering Wulfgar with such precise non slayer methods and blaming bhaal... ;)
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2016
    Isnt Wulfgar like a lvl 30 Warrior? The end result of a battle with him should be akin to what happened to the thieves and mages outside Irenicus' dungeon.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2016

Isnt Wulfgar like a lvl 30 Warrior? The end result of a battle with him should be akin to what happened to the thieves and mages outside Irenicus' dungeon.

Wulfgar it's a level 9 fighter. And indeed level 9 is a great level, it should make realize how overpowered are characters in BG2 ;)
    (Drizzt is level 16)
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2016
    Daevelon said:

Wulfgar it's a level 9 fighter. And indeed level 9 is a great level, it should make realize how overpowered are characters in BG2 ;)
    (Drizzt is level 16)
    All those characters in the forgotten realms books were roleplayed in tabletop D&D games by the authors. I forget where I saw it but Wulfgar is a 30ish warrior in the D&D world.
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372

[...] I forget where I saw it but Wulfgar is a 30ish warrior in the D&D world.

I beg to differ. Wulfgar appeared in The Silver Marches sourcebook some 10 years ago, and there it was statted as a Barbarian 9 (canon). This was before 3.5 came out and before The Hunter's Blades trilogy was published. Considering he participated to the events described in the trilogy and subsequent books, as well as the upgrade from 3rd to 3.5 edition rules, he was statted as as having a CR of 11 by different sources (here and here as an example), but these are non-canon. He is a powerful warrior, but to claim he's a 30ish warrior would mean make him the most powerful warrior on Faerun. And that's quite frankly very much not the case. Bruenor himself is way more challenging than Wulfgar.

• NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    He probably mistook Wulfgar's age for his level. Wulfgar was in his 30s, IIRC.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 274
    edited April 2016
    Heh, would be hilariously broken if characters had levels matching their age... especially elves. :smiley:

A balanced BG2 party by the time they encounter drizzt's gang should be able to make mincemeat out of a minimally equipped lone lvl 30 barbarian anyway.