Skip to content

Game freezes. Problem solved

MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
Hi guys, I downloaded the game and just finished clearing the first area, the Korlasz family mausoleum. After handling Imoen the Bhaal research, I am asked if I am ready to return to the Ducal Palace. If I answer yes, the game just... freezes. I have a hunch that it's not supposed to do that. Can you guys help? I am attaching my savefile, any workaround would be helpful.
Thanks!

Edit: the same thing happens no matter who I speak to (Imoen, the guards, the healer): once I say I'm ready to leave, Imoen starts a dialogue and right when the dialogue should end and the game should progress, the game just freezes. The interface is gone, I see only the characters on the map, with no avatars on the right. I have no means to escape the screen but to force shut the game through task manager. A transition video problem perhaps?

Problem solved. I read a discussion I found in the troubleshooting section (of course!). The problem apparently arises when there's some mod conflicting with SoD. In my case, the only mod I had was the atweaks. I uninstalled all the components, reloaded the savegame and now it works just fine. Hope this helps anyone that might get stuck in similar straits.