Skip to content

LOB Mode

the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
If you enable LOB mode when you start the game how does it work? Does it apply it's increased thaco and damage regardless of the difficulty options? Should the difficulty options be greyed out if you have LOB enabled? I chose LOB when I started but the difficulty slider is still adjustable so I am not sure how LOB works or how I know it is enabled. Any tips to look for or information regarding how this mode works when the difficulty slider is on normal or insane?

Comments

• the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited April 2016
    Ok so I figured it out. If LOB mode is enabled then you shouldn't have a difficulty slider option at all in the gameplay options screen. I think what is causing the problems at least for me was EE Keeper. I altered my characters stats to rebuild the last character I rolled before installing SOD and when I selected my modified save it had the difficulty slider enabled and LOB mode was no longer on. If I start the game without using EE keeper then LOB mode is on and stays on as far as I can tell.

The solution is to build a character and then modify it with EE keeper. Then load the save and export the character. Then start a new game and import your character at character creation and select LOB mode. After that everything works so far.

Shank took 98 points of damage before he died so it's working for sure but as I said before, if you see a difficulty slider in your gameplay options then LOB mode is not working and that is how you can tell.
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    Does LoB mode still work for you if you load your save? It seems to reset for me whenever I load, but there's no difficulty slider that shows it.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited April 2016
    I just checked and the difficulty sliders are appearing in the gameplay options after I load a previous save. So no LOB mode. That sucks. I do have the slider appearing in my gameplay options but it seems LOB mode will deactivate all on it's own which I had seen previous reports of. Maybe I will use the hotfix and install SCS. Problem is, SCS doesn't do anything for the SOD portion of the game. Maybe it will be patched before I reach SOD. I was hoping to play a completely un-modded run of the trilogy this time but with no LOB mode the game just isn't challenging enough after all of these years of replaying the game.