Skip to content

2.0 graphical glitch

is anyone getting strange black lines in the static backgrounds? in the temple district in the river the black lines are really noticable. this remind me of some emulators for ps1 that if you used the wrong filtering it would do the same thing to 2d backgrounds.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Did you try switching the renderer? I remember there being an option under "Graphics" (I think the last one on the list?) that specifically mentions you should use it if you notice graphical errors. Maybe that would fix it for you?
  • chaoticwolfchaoticwolf Member Posts: 18
    I tried and the alternate renderer didn't fix it, but causes slowdown in the game
    I'm thinking it has to do with the new filtering beamdog is using, I have noticed some places in siege of dragonspear doing this as well. if filtering is causing it I hope beamdog can add graphic filter options in the future
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    They want you to do a more complicated anumator dance....
  • vanatosvanatos Member Posts: 876
    I have noticed this and opened a bug for it in redmine.

Hope it gets fixed....
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    Weirdly enough I only have the problem with mod maps
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Which mod is this @Zanso
    My own @lunar, called The Enemy Within :smiley: It is not ready yet thou :p Here is more info if ya interested:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/46446/the-enemy-within-a-new-mod-coming-work-in-progress/p1
    That's great that it's been reported and agree with vanatos, hopefully it gets fixed with next patch. I've also emailed support to let them know of the problem
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited April 2016
    This problem is all around the characters at times aswell. I believe it's the new filter that causes this.

here's a sample
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Looks like an LOD bias issue.

This problem is all around the characters at times aswell. I believe it's the new filter that causes this.

here's a sample

Happens most often with bigger creatures
  • AnthedonAnthedon Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2016
    Got the same issue, especially on water and around characters/creatures.

Edit: And I get random crashes too, Jesus Christ Beamdog.
    Post edited by Anthedon on
    Has anyone heard any news about this being fixed? :smile:
    2.1 fixed the water textures for me the bigger creatures still have the lines. Almost there beamdog more polish and certain features back and everything will be great.
    Sadly the glitch is not gone from mods :/