Skip to content

Optional Random Character Generator

siliconpsychosissiliconpsychosis Member Posts: 32
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I would like a fully random character generator, so I don't have to doubt my own decision making over and over again when creating a new character. If a mechanism was to choose my race, gender, alignment. class, stats, weapons proficiencies, and spells I would be so happy. Random character generation would encourage players to explore new avenues in the game and increase replayability.

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Interesting idea. That would offer us "obsessive" types a way to break out of playing the same race, gender, class, and alignment over and over. (Although the first thing I'll be doing is creating the same human female Necromancer I played when BG1 first came out. But, after THAT, I might just give the random thing a try.)
  • siliconpsychosissiliconpsychosis Member Posts: 32
    Exactly Mortianna. Im of the obsessive type you describe that usually goes for the same type of character and race. A random generator that even created a random name would have me playing in new directions without filling my brain with doubts about my choice of character because the choice wasn't mine. :)
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I see what you mean. You wouldn't have to worry about whether you've created the "perfect" character because you didn't create it.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I prefer directed randomness. I started a BG2 playthrough when the delay was announced and made a halfling pure fighter with grand mastery in two handed swords... just because it will be funny.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Like the idea.
  • siliconpsychosissiliconpsychosis Member Posts: 32
    Good point Mortianna.
    Ive stumbled upon articles hinting at good and bad character selection choices and really try to avert my eyes. I dont want to consciously limit my experience of the game through me creating a character. Random character generation increases the randomness of the gaming experience.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited January 2013
    Inspired by @Drone`s Tired of playing with the same character types? Roll, to start a whole new adventure!

It would be great Beamdog ( @TrentOster @CameronTofer) to add "Roll Random Character" button on character generation screen.
    It would add replaying value, fun, and new type of sport discipline for us bg-geeks ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.