Skip to content

Since BG: EE is delayed will you play through BG again?

Pipe249Pipe249 Member Posts: 17
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
  1. Since BG: EE is delayed will you play through BG again?114 votes
    1. Yes
      21.05%
    2. No, I want to fire myself up for the BG: EE
      60.53%
    3. Maybe, not sure if i can finish it in 2 months
        7.02%
    4. Don't have the time for that
      11.40%

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I already am going through a playthrough. Druid for the win.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    I installed Icewind Dale instead.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I got too pumped up for the approaching release date before it was delayed, and I'm really missing playing the game. So probably yes.

I always wanted to try playing an avenger.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Haven't played in 4 years, and I'm not going to reinstall the game until it's via BG:EE. I want it to be as fresh an experience as possible. There's so many aspects to the game that I've forgotten about by now and will fondly rediscover. I don't want to dilute any of that.

With the new hi-res graphics, zoom feature, new GUI, new cinematics, three new NPCs, new PC voice sets, and the Black Pits, I'm expecting this to feel like a truly 'enhanced' experience of the game.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Come on guys, BG is a good game but it's not good enough to play more than once or twice if you're lucky a year.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    How about "No. Windows 7 won't recognize the installer." I don't want to buy it from GOG when I'm waiting for this - seems like throwing money away to buy it a third time (I already have 2 purchases).
  • MindRusTMindRusT Member Posts: 5
    I'm playing "The Temple of Elemental Evil" now.. i hope BG:EE will be out in november, one more delay could kill me and i'm not a big fan of getting killed.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    No, but I might play BG2, since it's enhanced edition is a bit far off and I expect to like BG:EE enough to be entertained by it until the sequel comes out.
  • KageDeltaKageDelta Member Posts: 14
    Lemernis said:

Haven't played in 4 years, and I'm not going to reinstall the game until it's via BG:EE. I want it to be as fresh an experience as possible. There's so many aspects to the game that I've forgotten about by now and will fondly rediscover. I don't want to dilute any of that.

With the new hi-res graphics, zoom feature, new GUI, new cinematics, three new NPCs, new PC voice sets, and the Black Pits, I'm expecting this to feel like a truly 'enhanced' experience of the game.

I like the way you put this. And I agree whole heartedly.

I was so excited for release that I litterally said "screw borderlands it can wait" but as soon as I found out about the push back I went and preordered it. Something needs to hold me over. I could care less about what's happening in the world of Pandora when there is currently trouble brewing in the south!
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I'm playing BG2 instead; does that count?

@KageDelta I thought about getting Borderlands 2 myself (especially since all the word of mouth is very positive) but decided to wait until the inevitable Steam Thanksgiving/Christmas sale. 50-66% off FTW! ;P
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    I'd rather meditate in order to prepare myself better for BG:EE
  • KageDeltaKageDelta Member Posts: 14
    @kilroy_was_here
    Only reason I went out yesterday and preordered was to get the free dlc that will be coming out soon. I was going to get it on pc but my Friends all wanted it on Xbox. Because they don't appreciate nice things
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I already played through BG again last year.
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    I did IWD1 to meet the Sept 18 deadline. Now I'm doing IWD2 and my thesis to meet the Novemeber deadline. If the game ends up being delayed again, I may have to play Torment.
  • EquiptoEquipto Member Posts: 6
    Doing a run through of BG2 as a half-elf assassin to kill time.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    I have enough stuff to do until November so I'll save my next BG run for BGEE.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    I have BG1 and 2 games in progress. I hope to have my current BG1 playthrough done by the time EE comes out, but that's a hope, not a deadline.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Saving it for EE. Having a playthrough of BG2 in order to ease my appetite
  • elvee68elvee68 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 35
    Before the delay I was playing BG 2. But now I am going to hold off on Infinity engines till it comes out.
    I think I will make another run at Fallout 3 or New Vegas.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    I probably would, but really it's because I'm in the middle of playing the Icewind Dale series. I'm relatively new to the whole series, as in, I've only played baldur's gate three times, baldur's gate II five times, and only played throne of bhaal twice but beat it once. So I've never played Icewind Dale, so I'm having quite a fun time playing that atm. :D
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    I already had a playthrough going (with a Paladin) that I stopped when the BGEE was announced. I decided to resume it last weekend since thinking it was coming out had made me in the mood for BG and I didn't want to wait until November. I finished Durlag's Tower last night. Planning to go on to BG2 when I finish.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    I am starting Planescape Torment while I wait for BGEE to be released :)
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited September 2012
    Don't have the time, got 10 other games running right now. But, if I dropped everything and played Baldur's Gate only instead of PS:T, IWD1&2, and BG2, by the time BG:EE comes out I could be halfway through a third game(BG -> ToB)
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    It took me most of my weekend to get BG, BG2, and Tutu working on my laptop. And a lot of today getting it working for my dad so we could do a MP Game together. I CAN'T WAIT TIL ENHANCED EDITION COMES OUT! If I wasn't already bald I'd have torn my hair out.
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2012
    No, I was disappointed at the delay and bought Eschalon Book 2 to console myself. Between that and having to play Borderlands 1 & 2 with the husband (jumping from my Druidic Fighter bringing healing potions to a sick child, to shooting down Mutant Midget Psychos coming at me with a cleaver... the joy :P) I think I'll be pretty busy til mid October. After that, who knows?

I've already planned and re-planned my BG:EE characters, I don't think I could replay BG1 or 2 now without making myself sick of the games. As it stands I have at least 3 characters (with full bios written) lined up for a playthrough and I'm seriously considering making a character sheet & bio for a 4th. :-s
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member Posts: 10
    Yup, I couldn't wait so I installed my old copy and rolled a gnome cleric/illusionist. By playing the original first I can compare the 2 games.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Absolutely! I very much doubt I'll be able to tire of the game in only two months.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    It's done, my BGT game is underway. And I did something I've never done before: I used ShadowKeeper to alter my character's race in order to be able to play a prohibited race-class combo. My elven undead hunter paladin has currently just reached Beregost.

Absolutely! I very much doubt I'll be able to tire of the game in only two months.

Well I haven't been able to get tired of BG in 14 years, so I think we'll be fine. :)
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    BG series is amazing , but it's a little bit outmoded in interface , i expect enhanced edition can let it more friendly for gamer.