Skip to content

Monk and Staves

I've never played a Monk character in BG2...nor did I ever use Rasaad in BG:EE but decided to give him a spin in SoD. Imagine my surprise to notice Monks can't use quarterstaves. Dunno if this was always the case in the original BG2, but holy, aside from fists it's just about the most commonly associated weapon with Monks (at least I always thought so).

Anyone else find that just incredibly strange?

Comments

• DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    ZeshinX said:

I've never played a Monk character in BG2...nor did I ever use Rasaad in BG:EE but decided to give him a spin in SoD. Imagine my surprise to notice Monks can't use quarterstaves. Dunno if this was always the case in the original BG2, but holy, aside from fists it's just about the most commonly associated weapon with Monks (at least I always thought so).

Anyone else find that just incredibly strange?

Baldurs gate was always a Little on the Odd Side in Matters of Weapon Choices.. like Clerics who can Only eat with a Spoon.

in Neverwinter Monks could use Quarterstaff's , kamas , and a lot of other monk typical weapons , and their skills would deactivate if used other armaments.

as for rasaad , i always tossed him that Ninjatô+1 you get directly from Dorns bloody introduction , and lastly just let him stay back and sling around since hes so squishy.

as for a monk CHARNAME , take what ever weapon you can wield they are all better than your early on fists , later on then your fist hits with 1d20 crushing and as magical weapon +4 its the best thing Since Sliced Bread
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    They never were allowed to use two handed weapons. Monks fighting style involves jumps and kicks, two handed weapon animation gets buggy and looks weird on the engine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Kensai kit should do the job.