Skip to content

Game stops after completing first quest (small spoilers)

Hello everyone,
Well, I purchased this game about an hour ago. I was enjoying it - the Baldur's Gate series is probably my favourite series of video games ever, and I was looking forward to revisiting it. However... I reached the end of the first quest. I defeated Korlasz (who surrendered), gave Imoen the scrolls from her quarters, and then embarked upon what I assume is the last dialogue of the quest. Imoen and CHARNAME chat, Imoen finishes the conversation... then my HUD disappears and I lose control, as I normally would in a cutscene. The thing is, after this, nothing happens. The game does not progress. In other words, I can't go beyond the first quest, which I'm really hacked off about. I've verified the game cache, and just in case, uninstalled SCS. Still nothing.

Anybody else having/had this issue? And is there a known solution? I've tried to google it, but to no avail.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    This has been reported numerous times, and in each case some mods / remnants of mods were installed. If you remove the mods you should be fine.
  • ArichmaegardArichmaegard Member Posts: 10
    Thank you SO much, finally got it working. I'd uninstalled the various mods, but some of the files were apparently left over.
    I really appreciate your prompt response - have a nice day.
    Cerevant