Skip to content

Cannot split items in stacks in BGEE

Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
edited April 2016 in The Road to v2.0
Can anyone else split items (like potions, arrows, etc.) after you've installed Siege of Dragonspear? The reason why I asked is because it seems I can no longer do that. I am currently playing Baldur's Gate EE, but I'm not in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion yet.

Normally I just double-click on a stack of items and I'm able to split them into groups. When I try that now, nothing happens. I've also tried holding Shift and clicking on a stack as I heard that was an alternate way to group items, and that does nothing.

You can unstack items inside merchant transaction windows when buying stacks of items from merchants, but not in your character inventories.

UPDATE: It seems like if you choose to create a party at the beginning of the game, you cannot unstack items. I just loaded up a save game where I started a new BGEE game normally (just created one character), and I can unstack items normally.

So it seems this bug may only occur when playing games where you create your own party members and not just recruit game NPCs.
Post edited by Swifty_Magee on

Comments

• Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    edited April 2016
    I have a second update to this bug; it seems like it happens not just when you play the game by creating a party, and it seems like it might happen randomly. I started a new game, with a single character, and was able to unstack items at the beginning. I've now reached Candlekeep and cannot unstack any items.

I don't know exactly what happened, but I have lost the ability to unstack items within the first hour of the game.

I then checked my old save where I was able to unstack items...and now I can't.

EDIT: And now after alt-tabbing back into the game after typing this, I can unstack items again, in both save games! Hitting Alt, Tab, or any combination of the two don't seem to be affecting unstacking in the game, so...I have no idea what's happening.
    Post edited by Swifty_Magee on