Skip to content

So, what do you say? Is Beamdog in?

13»

Comments

• TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861

Plus, Mizhena is not an oversensitive political and social conscientious objector. She's only a controversy because some people genuinely are oversensitive and overreact to the presence of a transgender character in a videogame.

"Oversensitive" - that's very amiably put, and I am not very sure they are particularly genuine about it. 30+ hours of gameplay vs two optional lines of dialogue.

I know I do not have insight into trans immersion as such - only that there are enough female CHARs that I like or hate not to be that upset of an occasional badly written one. And with Russian players, they are most vocal complainers about Rust random character creation.
    BelleSorciere
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    I liked the game. What I want now is an update to BG2 that should be smaller than SoD, add maybe some of the new NPC and clear up the obvious sequel hook.

Then let us close the series. The story is told. Do something new.
    RawgrimillathidKrotos
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Ammar said:

I liked the game. What I want now is an update to BG2 that should be smaller than SoD, add maybe some of the new NPC and clear up the obvious sequel hook.

Then let us close the series. The story is told. Do something new.

You have the most proper profile picture on these boards. Kudos.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Somewhere between the third and fourth options for me - it's "just OK" at best, which in itself is a disappointment in the context of this franchise.

I don't like the extreme linearity, or the endless waves of nameless goon-level enemies being tossed at you, which makes much of the gameplay feel more like IWD than BG.

Many of the sidequests aren't particularly well-done/conceived IMO, and the dialogue is often either awkward or too restrictive, often pressuring the player to adopt a certain outlook or opinion in certain situations.

It also changes at least one major plot point in BG1, which is:

the fact that Entar was raise-able, which completely contradicts the urgency and significance of the final chapters of BG1, where your character is racing against the clock to stop Sarevok from being coronated in Entar's place.