Skip to content

Enemies respawn is ridiculous (early game spoiler warning)

TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
So I am on Coastway Crossing map. The spider encounter on left side of the map respawns way too quickly.
I just cleared it, move a bit to talk to goblin ghosts and as soon as I move towards the place where spiders were, they already respawned. Come on!
This kind of respawn was never the case in BG1EE.
BTW I already cleared them once before but then I rested and went back there and found them again. OK, they came back after 8+ hours have passed but them respawning after few minutes because I moved away one screen away is ridiculous.

Comments

• InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    Torin said:

So I am on Coastway Crossing map. The spider encounter on left side of the map respawns way too quickly.
    I just cleared it, move a bit to talk to goblin ghosts and as soon as I move towards the place where spiders were, they already respawned. Come on!

On a similar note, I find it very frustrating (and immersion breaking) when
    Crusade patrolmen appear out of thin air - literally spawning right in front of me, to declare they've found me. Don't we have Shadow Door animations for this sort of thing?
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    I hope Beamdog can do something about this.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    I agree with the op. Too many wolves respawing in the first forest. It is annoying. Very annoying
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    This will be addressed in the first patch.

The monster respawn behavior was meant to be much more subtle and far less frequent.
    Thank you.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @AlexT: Not wanting to be mean, but having something like this go so badly wrong is a bit astonishing. Just like the difficulty slider: it is so incredibly obvious that it's hard to believe anyone could miss it. Took me all of ten minutes to notice it.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

@AlexT: Not wanting to be mean, but having something like this go so badly wrong is a bit astonishing. Just like the difficulty slider: it is so incredibly obvious that it's hard to believe anyone could miss it. Took me all of ten minutes to notice it.

Should have been:

Not wanting to be mean but I'm going to anyway since this is a game forum where it's all about cheap shots-

took me all of 2 seconds to be totally annoyed by this

In their defense I play on Insane and difficulty has not yet changed on me. Since I know this bug exists I tend to check often :D
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Isn't the difficulty issue related to using pre-2.0 save to begin with? I think I remember reading that it's happening because the difficulty is now saved in the save file rather than as a global option.
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106

The bug appears to be visual or only in old saves. New saves have difficulty associated by save, so the overall difficulty has no meaning, only the in save one, which does not change. The option in the main menu should just be removed.
  • DesretDesret Member Posts: 4
    AlexT said:

This will be addressed in the first patch.

The monster respawn behavior was meant to be much more subtle and far less frequent.

That's good, but it would be great to have an option to completely remove respawning.
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Why? Respawning was in BG1 and if its done sensibly adds immersion.