Skip to content

So we at level 10 are stronger then a...........

Archedevil granted he is the weakest of the 10 of them but still a archedevil how is that possible even a pit lord is about level 20 how is the archdevil so weak. Also does that mean that Irenicus is stronger then a archedevil?
By the way what happens to a archedevil that dies in his own plane is gonna die for good.

Comments

• InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    Double spoiler alert;
    He isn't dead.
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Levels aren't real, they are a gameplay abstraction.

In D&D they are a quantification of power, however.
    edited April 2016
    Insultion said:

Its not a literal thing though. Otherwise a scrub city guard from BG2 could stroll into Baldur's Gate and solve the Iron Crisis.

Insultion said:

Its not a literal thing though. Otherwise a scrub city guard from BG2 could stroll into Baldur's Gate and solve the Iron Crisis.
    It's distorted in the video-games, no doubt, but in a canon sense it is very much an important background factor. I'd argue it's MORE important in 3e and up, but is still relatively important nonetheless.
    Insultion said:

It's distorted in the video-games, no doubt, but in a canon sense it is very much an important background factor. I'd argue it's MORE important in 3e and up, but is still relatively important nonetheless.

I think maybe this comes down to how each person approaches the system, whether through a roleplaying/storytelling focus or a more strict gameplay/numbers focus.

Either side can say point to something that enforces their view and both can be right so maybe its just one of those weird things like the alignment system argument where two conflicting interpretations just exist at the same time.

I think maybe this comes down to how each person approaches the system, whether through a roleplaying/storytelling focus or a more strict gameplay/numbers focus.

Either side can say point to something that enforces their view and both can be right so maybe its just one of those weird things like the alignment system argument where two conflicting interpretations just exist at the same time.

Heh. No doubt. Funny you mention that, too, because I was in a discussion a few days ago about what 'Chaotic Evil' really means, and why it's such a rare alignment for sentient species.
  • adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    Insultion said:

Double spoiler alert;
    He isn't dead.
    Then what is he?
    adormitul said:

Insultion said:

Double spoiler alert;
    He isn't dead.
    Then what is he?
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Belhifet

Though really, I get my mind all jumbled in considering what year it is all these events take place in.
    edited April 2016
    Insultion said:

adormitul said:

Insultion said:

Double spoiler alert;
    He isn't dead.
    Then what is he?
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Belhifet

Though really, I get my mind all jumbled in considering what year it is all these events take place in.
    So in what year did Icewind Dale took place? Before or after BG? Nevermind it seems someone will never get on prime plane again http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Isair
    @adormitul I just checked some pages on the wiki and if the years are all right, SoD doesn't make any sense at all, because Belhifet should be in Baator? Unless he was released (it could very well have been 100 years) and in which case, I have to agree with the OP; how the Hells did they kill Belhifet.
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Oh darn, had no idea about that reference. Guess people who played that particular game was in for a neat shocker at the end fight.
    Insultion said:

@adormitul I just checked some pages on the wiki and if the years are all right, SoD doesn't make any sense at all, because Belhifet should be in Baator? Unless he was released (it could very well have been 100 years) and in which case, I have to agree with the OP; how the Hells did they kill Belhifet.

Well yes that is where we kill him. But I found out he is not even a archedevil so the point is moot.