Skip to content

EE Keeper

I have been trying to find any post related to using the EE Keeper for Siege of Dragonspear. I am playing through the game normally but if later down the road after I have beat the game I would like to use the EE Keeper, how would I set it up to work with SOd? I have used it on BG1EE and BG2EE. I have 2 games going right now, one on my desktop and one on my laptop. I would like to use the Keeper on my laptop and play normally (without the Keeper) on my desktop. I tried using it on my laptop and it doesn't let me. It says "EE Keeper was unable to read the text resources. EE Keeper must be able to find this file to work properly. Make sure the Installation Path and Language (if applicable) has been set to the correct directory and reload the game resources." I bought the game directly from Beamdog so it was installed in standard place on Windows 7 laptop. My other 2 games are on Steam. The save folder for SOD is just below the save folder for BG1EE. When I open the Keeper and put in the installation directory and the save folder directory, there is no option for language. I know there is something I'm not doing correctly and would like any help at all with this. Thank you.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-3

It's not quite set up to work with SoD yet apparently, but it's being worked on. Seems you can edit SoD saves by manually pointing to the SoD save directory. Personally I've used it with no issue just for editing a couple character files.
  • ratamoratamo Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2016

Personally I've used it with no issue just for editing a couple character files.

What settings did you use? Is the installation folder Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806\ and the save game folder Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\sodsave\?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Save game folder is Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\. You can choose whether to load a SoD or BG1 save in the savegame selection dialog by toggling the "Additional Campaigns" checkbox.
  • ratamoratamo Member Posts: 16
    argent77 said:

Save game folder is Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\. You can choose whether to load a SoD or BG1 save in the savegame selection dialog by toggling the "Additional Campaigns" checkbox.

Oh, nice! Thank you very much!