Skip to content

Baldur.INI and CLUAConsole Issues

Hey Everybody,

I'm a long time lurker, and have enjoyed and learned quite a bit from everybody over the last year or so. I've been playing the game since it first came out waaaay back when.

Very recently, i've encountered an issue that I cannot seem to figure out. I think it may have to do with the latest 2.0 update.

When I CTRL-Space to bring up the console, it only pauses the game. So i went back to see if my Baldur.ini file was changed at all, and found no issues with the code. I deleted the console line, and reinserted it into the correct area. No luck.

So I figured the Baldur.ini file may be corrupted, and went ahead and deleted it. Started up the game, started a brand new game, and exited out. The game did not create a new Baldur.ini file. I did a search through the entire hard drive to see if maybe they changed its location. Nothing.

I've done a lot of Googling to find a solution but with no luck. The last thing i wanted to do was post another console related thread, but I think I've run out of options. Does anybody have any insight into my little problem?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    the baldur.ini file is redundant. The new configuration file is baldur.lua.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    What @Amberion said, also it's no longer CLUAConsole: to initialize commands but simply C:
  • naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    Amberion said:

the baldur.ini file is redundant. The new configuration file is baldur.lua.

You gotta be freaking kidding me?! I've spend HOURS trying to edit baldur.ini in order to use CLUA and you're telling me I have to look for baldur.lua?!
    No wonder it didn't work! I've almost lost my *LOOK SPACEHAMSTERS!!!* mind in the process!