Skip to content

Stuck in first dungeon

Like title say, when im done with first dungeon and speaking to imoen and say lets go and the conversation ends and the ui get removed (like a cutseen is suppose to roll) and i cant do anything exept seeing the chars doing there little animations....been waiting for 1h and still nothing seems to happend....tryed restart the game and still dont work

Comments

• BijaBija Member Posts: 3
    i pickpocket evry npc and done all the side quests in first dungeon aswell....and im running a custom 5man party, no standard npc
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Bija First, thanks for an actual question we can answer and help you with.

This is being caused, generally, by one of two things:
    * Game mods
    * Old installation corrupting the new installation.

Mods:
    -----------
    SoD is, at this point, somewhat incompatible in some circumstances with some mods. We do not have a list of what is and is not compatible at this point but given the game has only been out for 4 days, the mod community has not had the opportunity to update/validate most mods out there for the new content.

If you have had ANY mods installed in the past (and by that I mean anything installed into the game directory that did not come from Beamdog), this is likely the cause of your issue, and has been the cause of ALMOST EVERY OTHER one of these issues we've seen.

Old Installation
    --------------
    Compounding the Mod problem, the SoD Download from Beamdog and steam overwrites the existing game directory on disk, but for a while it did NOT remove old files or old content first...meaning that in many cases for players who had the 1.3 and older versions of the game installed, much of that content still exists in their current working directory and it's causing problems.

The Fix
    ---------------
    For both cases, the fix is as follows:

On Steam:
    * Right Click the Game in your steam library.
    * Click Properties
    * Click the "Local Files" Tab
    * Click "Delete Local Game Content"

This will remove everything in your game directory (not your saves or documents location, but the actual game files) and allow you to re-install the game fresh.

Beamdog Client
    * Open the beamdog client
    * Right click the "Check Mark" or "Play Button" on the Bladur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear" Game
    * On the pop up menu, click "Open Game Location"
    * In the folder it takes you to, highlight and delete "806.status"
    * Close and quit the beamdog launcher (you'll have to kill it on your task bar)
    * Re-open the beamdog launcher
    * Re-Download the game...it will check and delete any existing local files and reinstall the game properly.

This should fix your issue. Please post again if it does not.
  • BijaBija Member Posts: 3
    Big thanks for fast reply, totaly forgot i had my old mods installed..that prob is the reason the tooltips was out of wack for some items aswell...