Skip to content

Khalid - Design or Bug? *minor spoilery*

Basically, Khalid tells me to talk to 2 people in Bridgefort. I don't remember the mage's name, but if I talk to him (and the sickening stone hits), Khalid disappears.

I've reloaded and can easily replicate the issue... every.single.time. So, maybe I can just negotiate the surrender of the fort, but it seems like an entire path is lost to me.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    By any chance did you have Khalid in your group in BG1 and then remove him at level 1?
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    I read somewhere that he gets assassinated by the stone but if you cast negative plane protection on him he survives. It worked for me.
  • MrGuseMrGuse Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2016
    elminster said:

By any chance did you have Khalid in your group in BG1 and then remove him at level 1?

If by "remove him" you mean "ran him naked into a group of hobgoblins," then yes. Is that the problem?
  • MrGuseMrGuse Member Posts: 30
    Azzara said:

I read somewhere that he gets assassinated by the stone but if you cast negative plane protection on him he survives. It worked for me.

Sunnovabitch. That worked. I love you, Azzara.
    MrGuse said:

elminster said:

If by "remove him" you mean "ran him naked into a group of hobgoblins," then yes. Is that the problem?
    Yes. But the issue is known about and will be fixed.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    elminster said:

In my case that happened, because i didnt want Khalid in my group. Is that the reason he dissapears and never returns? Any way to circumnavegate around that? I am stuck in the middle of the game.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    The reason he disappears is because he dies when the level drain rock hits the fort after you talk to the mage. The rock level drains everyone 1 level, but since Khalid is only level 1, he is reduced to level 0 and dies. Otherwise he is supposed to be on the ramparts outside.

A workaround for this is to cast the level 4 priest spell "negative plane protection" on Khalid, then quickly talking to the mage and removing the rock before the spell expires. It has a short duration though so you will have to be quick. You'll need to have the scroll from the crusader camp already before doing this to be fast enough.
    edited April 2016
    Too late. I dont have saves beforthe rock hit. Can Kahlid be respwaned?

Ps. Or any other way to make the story advance
  • TharivolTharivol Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    I don't have any save before that rock hit either. Do I have to wait for patch? Or is there any other way?
    edited April 2016
    You can attempt to directly attack the fort. Otherwise you can try enabling the console and using C:CreateCreature("khalid7"). What I'm about to describe however is not guaranteed to work.

You can enable the console by inserting the following into My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

Then when you are in-game (as in you've loaded your save) you can hit ctrl+space. You should see a black box appear on the bottom of your screen. Its there that you can type in the C:CreateCreature("khalid7") code. Make sure to only spawn Khalid when you are in the outside area of the fort.
    elminster said:

You can attempt to directly attack the fort. Otherwise you can try enabling the console and using C:CreateCreature("khalid7"). What I'm about to describe however is not guaranteed to work.

You can enable the console by inserting the following into My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

Then when you are in-game (as in you've loaded your save) you can hit ctrl+space. You should see a black box appear on the bottom of your screen. Its there that you can type in the C:CreateCreature("khalid7") code. Make sure to only spawn Khalid when you are in the outside area of the fort.

OK, thank you. I will try but
    OK, I did it and it tells something like:

string CreateCreature("khalid7"):1: set global effect CreateCreature not valid

OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

I also tried with just khalid (with no 7) to see what happened, but it is the same.

By the way, I saw there is a nice "teleporter" now with the Console. Any ideas how can I use it to "scape" from this?. Can I go "forward"? What might happen?
    Ok, it says exactly this:

[string " CreateCreature("khalid7")"]1: attemp to call global 'CreateCreature' (a nil value)
    edited April 2016
    helmo1977 said:

OK, I did it and it tells something like:

string CreateCreature("khalid7"):1: set global effect CreateCreature not valid

OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

I also tried with just khalid (with no 7) to see what happened, but it is the same.

By the way, I saw there is a nice "teleporter" now with the Console. Any ideas how can I use it to "scape" from this?. Can I go "forward"? What might happen?

And you are sure you used Ctrl+Space and then used

C:CreateCreature("Khalid7")

An alternative would be that you use

SetGlobal("bd_bridgefort_plot","global",31)

This should start the battle with Bridgefort joining in.
    Ok, i will try, but it was khalid OR Khalid? (First capital letter or not?)

Perhaps there is something wrong with my console because i tried to spwan an item, just to see what happened and it told me the same.
    I tried with set global and it is the same.

Just to try, you told me to enable the console by putting that about "Program options" Debug... In my documents/baldurgs gate enhanced edition. The thing is that i have two files there, one .ini that starts with

CREATE TABLE OPTIONS

And the other one .lua with

Setprivate profile setting

I copy and pasted what you told me in this second file. The .lua one

Was that correct?
    Yes. Attach your lua file here (you may need to throw it in a zip file). I'll have a look.
    I dowloaded from beamdog, so i guess i dont need a zip
    I will attach the file at once
    edited April 2016
    Ummmm? how can I attach my lua? I cant using the Attach image/file. It tells me "File is not allowed"
    Did you put the lua in a zip file?
    OK, that must be it

Looks good. It might just be easier if you attach your save folder (put the folder into a zip file) and I'll do it.
    Here it goes, my last save was an Auto Save, but I can send others
    Here you go
    Thank you.- You have been very kind. It seems to be working now. Khalid was there and I could talk to him. Now I am attacking the crusaders camp.

What was the problem with my console? Or was I doing something wrong?
    You probably had an extra character somewhere.
  • TharivolTharivol Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    Thank you, respawning Khalid helped. As an extra information though I may add that you have to respawn him outside the building where he should be to have dialog option which advance you with the main quest.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited April 2016
    @Tharivol It looks like you were typing:

CreateCreature("khalid7")

instead of:

C:CreateCreature("khalid7")

The "C:" Is actually important. All console commands must start with that.

Note that the console supports cut/copy/paste of commands. When you're getting one from the forums, it's generally a good idea to try C/C/P first.

If you still get an issue, make sure you don't have any spaces in front of the "C:" part.
    So everything must being by "C:"? then perhaos that was the reason why my console commands didnt work. I was directly tipying "CreateCreature" and not "C:CreateCreature".