Skip to content

incredible kareoke of Whitney Houston song

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Holy sheepshit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JJ6IZHBPU4&feature=player_embedded

No one knows who this chick is but sure I hope she auditioned for American Idol!

(This was posted on Ryan Seacrest's site, linked by Drudge.)
Post edited by Lemernis on

Comments

• Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    Didn't actually watch video.

Too busy playing the 'Snake' game.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    It's definitely worth a view, she's astonishingly good.

The Snake game?
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    @Lemernis

Ah yes; the Snake game. It is a relatively little known feature off Youtube videos, but an enjoyable one nonetheless. As the video is loading there will appear a circle of rotating dots. When this occurs either press the down key or the up key to begin playing.

Here is a link with pertinent instructions. It also has a video on which, ironically, you can play the snake game.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    lol, that's taken at the sm mall in manilia. I've been to that mall.

And yeah, she's just a normal girl. SO MANY IN PHILIPPINES SING WELL.
    It's amazing to me how none of the shoppers or employees really seem to take notice. If someone was singing like that in a Costco or Sam's where I live a small but appreciative crowd (of other customers, not those with her) surely would have gathered.

I bet she gets signed by the end of the week.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2012
    zendee rose tenerefe is her name apparently.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Bjjorick that's the first thing I said when I saw the video - "that is so Filipino". I agree it definitely looks like an SM mall grocery store and I caught some Tagalog at the beginning of the clip.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    my wife goes there all the time and said she knows the girl, and she's always coming in to sing on the mic, it's called a wow microphone, costs 9k pesos (about 230 usd) and my wife wants one because it's a good quality. she just told me that, so thanks to your vid, i'll have to buy her one.....jerk. :P

but in philippines, alot sing like that. Watch phillipines got talent, you'll be amazed and never watch the american version again lol
    edited September 2012
    She will reportedly be on Ellen DeGeneres after this. Happy for her. That young lady got skillz.

Apparently it wasn't so "random," heh. She's an aspiring 21 y/o singer in Manilla. But hey, a viral YouTube video is how many talented folks can break through nowadays, which is a very good thing. Despite however enormously talented they may be, artists who have been paying their dues for decades in clubs send disks to studios don't have a prayer. Those disks get chucked right into the trash can.
    Post edited by Lemernis on