Skip to content

Dev Question: Elven Druids in SoD

In IWDEE 1.4, druid class is open for elves. Any idea if that's going to be implemented in future patches of SoD any soon?

PS: As an afterthought, what about the official port of IWD spells (especially druid spells, they sort of need it) to SoD?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TisamonTisamon Member Posts: 209
    @subtledoctor

Sure thing, race/class restrictions are very easy to mod, but I wanted to get an idea if that's going to be done officially at some point.
    @subtledoctor

Hmm, why not? These are the same guys that lifted that restriction for elves in IWDEE, after all :smiley:
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    I think you can do this with EE Keeper - create a human druid, then mod the race to elf. Set the character level to 0 to be sure it sticks and load the save.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    anyone ask for it as a feature request???
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited April 2016
    I'll just leave this link here. It's been a year since this discussion, but most of the points are still valid.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40298/bg-ee-bg2-ee-add-elven-druids#latest

Also, @Tisamon : they didn't remove the restriction. It never was in the game to begin with.

There's a work-around, if you want to: I pregenereated an Elven Druid in IWD and snatched his file from the Characters folder, just to put it into BG. Worked just fine on 1.4/1.3. (You don't get access to the IWD set of spells and skills, if you wonder) You may try it, if your desperate to play one, like me. Dagda, the elven Avenger is marching for Dragonspear Castle as we speak. :wink: He's one of my favorite PCs so.
    @justtravelinthrough

>Also, @Tisamon : they didn't remove the restriction. It never was in the game to begin with.

True, there was no such restriction in an original IWD. In IWDEE, however, it was removed in patch 1.4.
    Quote: "Elves may now select the Druid class during character creation [10726]"
    Source: http://cdn.icewinddale.com/files/IWDEE-1.4-Release-Notes.pdf

>I pregenereated an Elven Druid in IWD and snatched his file from the Characters folder, just to put it into BG.

That's an interesting idea, thanks.