Skip to content

A Baldur's Gate II Dragon Theme

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
The pre-orders and interest in Baldur's Gate I seems to be a relative success. To me, at least, it seems apparent that they will recreate Baldur's Gate II. However, by-far the greatest theme in the whole series of Baldur's Gate is the dragon-fight music. Which I would like largely unchanged. Does anyone else agree?

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    The will enhance bg2 anyway and it is not depand on bg1ee success.. furthermore they are not going to change any original music, they will only add music to new content so you dont have to worry.

Personally I prefer bg1 music any day, maybe because its more nostalgic to me..
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    @mch202 ahh, that's good to know. It's definitely really nostalgic to me, as well. Also, yeah you are right. So, they are contracted to make another BG, irregardless of the success?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Yes, here is one of Trent Oster tweets:
    Tweeter said:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

We are committed to carrying through to #BG2EE But I'd be much happier if it was a follow up to an amazingly successful #bgee

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Actually, all music will be improved with the wider-bandwidth version (I think it's 44.1 kHz or something like that). I don't know that my ears would pick up the difference, but it's acoustically improved.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381

Actually, all music will be improved with the wider-bandwidth version (I think it's 44.1 kHz or something like that). I don't know that my ears would pick up the difference, but it's acoustically improved.

wow, that's actually kinda amazing. Well, when you get down to it they're actually doing a lot of work on this remake, it seems.

• RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    All the music is amazeballs. And one of the most successful aspects of EE as far as I'm concerned, is the added music. It's good. It's very good.