Comments

• TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Survivor said:

Tenrecc said:

Survivor said:

Heart of the Mountain
    Circlet of Lost Souls
    Is that the two items that
    made Shaman summons stronger? One gives blessing and one +10 HP?
    And they are added without having to play SoD at all? Where do they drop? :O
    Yes, it's these items. I think you might not even need to have the addon installed as these items might have been introduced to BG2 with the latest patch (because the complement the new Shaman class).

@Aerocross already wrote that they "found the Circlet of Lost Souls on the Kobold Shaman in the Slums Sewers in BG2".

The Heart of the Mountain can be found on a Troll Shaman in Spellhold.
    Wonderful. It did bother me to know that every shaman I rolled would be pretty gimped if I didn't run SoD, but it seems like that isn't the case at all. Great thinking from Beamdog imho.
    Survivor
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    I was hoping for the Shield of Egons +2 to remain. (+1 Turn Undead, +2 for PoL or Undead Hunter).
    booinyoureyes
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 892
    Awesome thread!
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Aww, I was hoping I could take the weapons that Thrixx gives you at the end of SoD into BG2. I agree with others that having them for essentially just one fight is a terrible waste for such neat weapons. :(
    kansasbarbarian
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Aww, I was hoping I could take the weapons that Thrixx gives you at the end of SoD into BG2. I agree with others that having them for essentially just one fight is a terrible waste for such neat weapons. :(

Getting the ~200k gold I lost at the beginning of the game back right before leaving for the hinterlands kind of stank too. Not that it matters, I suppose - I was back to nearly 100k just from selling loot in SoD itself. SoD really makes being a packrat a good thing, as I had a lot of gear from BG1 I could sell.

Then I reminded myself, you get reset to 0 again in SoA. Easy come, easy go.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Maurvir wrote: »
    Getting the ~200k gold I lost at the beginning of the game back right before leaving for the hinterlands kind of stank too. Not that it matters, I suppose - I was back to nearly 100k just from selling loot in SoD itself. SoD really makes being a packrat a good thing, as I had a lot of gear from BG1 I could sell.

Then I reminded myself, you get reset to 0 again in SoA. Easy come, easy go.

Alas, I had mostly cleared out my packs prior to starting the final confrontation with Sarevok, so the only loot I had from the base game was what I could pick up from the Sarevok fight and the random loot from the Undercity.

But yeah, money isn't really a big issue in SoD, since the expansion throws quite a lot of magic-geared enemies at you and all that magic loot adds up pretty quickly.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    I wish the cloak of gargoyle and the demon items came through too.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    It really is a shame that gold doesn't have any weight in these games, as it makes gems fairly worthless other than as loot. Even if a gold piece only weighed a fraction of a "unit", it would make buying and selling gems a real part of the game, and gem bags absolutely necessary. I'm not sure how you could do it, since the party shares the gold, but that would be a worthwhile mod. All of a sudden, the nearly 250k gold pieces I had at the end of ToB wouldn't have been nearly so easy to haul around.

I do know some D&D games had banks, where you could get letters of credit, and realistically that would work for BG1 and BG2, but not SoD unless the war party hauled a banker with them.

The upshot is that reputation would make a FAR larger difference, as now the "exchange rate" will be a factor of your rep.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Anything that increases inventory management can burn in a fire.
    kansasbarbarian