Skip to content

[Spoiler] Unopenable door at dragonspear castle? (and more cavern questions)

Hello everyone.

I just came inside de castle after the caverns and after that map where part of the army is. I explore that part and I had a battle against Hepernan and a bunch of enemies. I defeat them but... i cant go forward. There is a magic door in the room to the side where the mage was (looks like a door to an altar, or sth) and other door close to a stairs that i cant go to becuase i cant open that fence door. ¿WHere is the key? My only option is go down back using the lift and fight with the whole army...

And, btw, where is the slug ogre treasuere? he says close to the pool but... where?

And where i suposse to put the poison?

THX

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641

Ok, so you're right. You can't open any of the doors. And you're again right, there's no where to go but to back track.

The intent of the basement encounter was for you to find out information or poison your enemies (the two are actually mutually exclusive), get discovered, and then feel like you needed to HIGH TAIL IT OUT OF THERE.

The entire castle has just been alerted to your presence with Hephernaan's Escape...you shouldn't be exploring. You should be leaving! Even your companions should be telling you that. :)

As to going back down: You won't trigger everyone in the zone (at least...all at once...). And if you play your cards right with the Ogres, you may not trigger anyone at all...assuming you're a pretty persuasive guy (or gal!) that is.

It's not a suicide run to backtrack. That's the intended direction for you to take.

I actually forget where the Ogre treasure is. It's somewhere in UGR...check near the river.

The poison belongs in one of the two offshoot rooms prior to you opening the fence after exiting the lift and fighting Belbin and his guards. One of the rooms has the food, the other room has the water. Again, this is mutually exclusive with the information you got when evesdropping on Hephernaan.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Illydth said:

The intent of the basement encounter was for you to find out information or poison your enemies (the two are actually mutually exclusive), get discovered, and then feel like you needed to HIGH TAIL IT OUT OF THERE.

Hmmm... I wasn't able to eavesdrop without starting a fight (I was able to plant the poison after that point though). Even if I sent an invisible person into Hephernaan's room it would still trigger a fight. Is that not always the case?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641

Um, I'm actually surprised. At one point those were mutually exclusive...I'm actually glad to hear you were able to poison after you evesdropped on Heph.

The DSC Basement encounter that *I* Know of goes like this:

* Enter the basement
    * Battle Belbin and company
    EITHER
    * Move north/East and discover Hephernaan in his Room
    OR
    * Move into the room to the north west or east of you (before opening the gate in the center of the big room) to poison either the food or the water.

IF YOU MEET HEPH
    * You are eventually put into combat with the three of them (no you can't skip this or NOT trigger the combat)

IF YOU POISON FOOD/WATER
    * You come out of the room to a "wandering" Hephernaan and crew who will then attack you and start the battle.

Either way, you are tossed into battle with Heph and the rest of the zone plays out as it's supposed to. Note that after Heph leaves you're supposed to be swarmed by a very large number of enemies basically forcing you out of the basement. I assume that's been cut back some/all.

• illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Illydth said:

Um, I'm actually surprised. At one point those were mutually exclusive...I'm actually glad to hear you were able to poison after you evesdropped on Heph.

The DSC Basement encounter that *I* Know of goes like this:

* Enter the basement
    * Battle Belbin and company
    EITHER
    * Move north/East and discover Hephernaan in his Room
    OR
    * Move into the room to the north west or east of you (before opening the gate in the center of the big room) to poison either the food or the water.

IF YOU MEET HEPH
    * You are eventually put into combat with the three of them (no you can't skip this or NOT trigger the combat)

IF YOU POISON FOOD/WATER
    * You come out of the room to a "wandering" Hephernaan and crew who will then attack you and start the battle.

Either way, you are tossed into battle with Heph and the rest of the zone plays out as it's supposed to. Note that after Heph leaves you're supposed to be swarmed by a very large number of enemies basically forcing you out of the basement. I assume that's been cut back some/all.

Ok, that makes sense. I was just a bit surprised by your comment as I was able to do both and wasn't sure if I had screwed something up. Thanks for the confirmation!
  • BricheBriche Member Posts: 6
    THX

but i still dont know where is the ogre treasure
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Its next to bellowgulp