Skip to content

The Black Pits 1.5 (SPOILER)

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
I just got to the part where my party meets up with Baeloth in the "Black Pits," and I have to say, for me, this is one of the funniest and most charming encounters in the whole saga. This is exactly the sort of stuff I was hoping to see in SoD. Watching the rat and squirrel wander around the pit oblivious to each other, and the crowd cracking wise while Baeloth continues his spiel is absolute gold! It's the silly but well thought out stuff like this that keeps me coming back to these games over and over. Thank you so much, @Amber_Scott and @AndrewFoley or whoever wrote that encounter. Can't wait to see what other fun stuff awaits as I get further along.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I found the pamphlet but I could not see the real pits. Shame. I was in such a rush to play the game I missed tons of side quests and fun stuff like this.
    Oh well, will play again for sure!
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Great thread friend. I did very much enjoy this bit of silliness though there was a bit of missed opportunity for Minsc and Boo to coach the small rodents in the proper methods of butt-kicking.
  • InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179

That was one of mine. Glad you enjoyed it--I don't usually like looking back at stuff I wrote, but I'll admit this scene still gets a chuckle out of me (most of Mark Meer's Baeloth stuff does.)

More of your writing. It seems to be the good stuff!
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364

Great thread friend. I did very much enjoy this bit of silliness though there was a bit of missed opportunity for Minsc and Boo to coach the small rodents in the proper methods of butt-kicking.

Yes, it would have been great if Minse had had some outraged opinion about Baeloths "black pit" while Boo would have wanted to fight in it.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited April 2016
    Hehe, I chuckled the most at the name of the map note
    Baeloth's Black Pit to End All Black Pits
    Good one @AndrewFoley :smile:
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364

Hehe, I chuckled the most at the name of the map note

Baeloth's Black Pit to End All Black Pits
    Good one @AndrewFoley :smile:
    Yes, that was a good one
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    I only found the empty black pits 1.5 :'( (except 2 roosters fighting and a dog to free). Is there something special to get the cutscene or whatever Baeloth is in ?
    I went at different hours of the day and still nothing.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I'm not sure. I did have Baeloth in my party when I imported from BGI. Not sure if that makes a difference.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I didn't have Baeloth in my party but I got the full Black Pits 1.5 experience. Too funny. I did do the mini-quest in town
    to get the 3 kegs bartender lady to bring Baeloth's hireling a drink,
    maybe that helped?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    Oh man, I loved this part so much. I was on Curse chat with my mates at the time and they were wonderign why I was giggling and snickering so much. M'kiin is a great character too.