Skip to content

all 3 games no longer start up after update.

ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
so i bought all 3 games. have played on here dozens of times and now after i installed SOD none of em work. Crashes on start up with a crash dump warning. any ideas on how to fix it ?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    I used BEAMDOG. I am on a different computer right now.

I was trying to install them on my laptop. That way I could transfer saves back n forth and keep playing.... at work ;)

I even tried pirating it and the same message came up. I bought all 3 games. are u not allowed to have them on 2 different computers u own?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    i submitted a ticket. i still cant start the game. i tried running as admin. i tried everything i can think of it just crashes before anything loads. not even the beamdog thing or title comes up. the launcher starts the program then i get a message tellong me to contact support. reinstalled 3 times on allow 3 games, redownloaded.
    how long does it take for beamdog to write back to support email ?
    the crash dump file isnt allowed to be attached to this forum, anyone know how to decifer the crash dump file generated
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Zip up the crash dump, and attach it to a new bug report. We'll have a look.
    edited April 2016
    how do i zip it ?

Oh am I using windows 7
    Its a laptop with a I5 pentium quardcore.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited April 2016
    Long day, lets try that again.

Right click on the dump file and click "Send To", "Compressed (zip) Folder"
    Post edited by Cerevant on
    here it is. i have 19 of these in my infinity engine folder fro,m everytime i try to start it
  • majorjackmajorjack Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    Got the same issue (also on a laptop, other two pcs work fine). I sent in the crash report link via email,
    but here it is again. Reported it http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/22635

Link to dump:
    http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/dZD1SDso/file.html

Edit:
    I just tried switching to the built in nvidia card and now it works.
    Thus the issue seems to be related to the Intel graphics chip (at least for me). (Asus UL30VT Laptop).
    Post edited by majorjack on
  • BoxwoodBoxwood Member Posts: 2
    It has happened to me too - also windows 7.

Reported it (http://beamdog.zendesk.com/requests/18553) but no-one has come back with help. Am I reporting to the right place?
    edited April 2016
    man. mine worked just fine until the update. its cutting the time i can play to a couple hours a week. im really bummed
    i can play on my pc at home but when I have hours between jobs I cant play on my laptop. it really sucks thats why i bought it. i cant run other games on my laptop its not that great but it was able to play bg1 before the update
  • BoxwoodBoxwood Member Posts: 2
    I only have the one computer I can play on and can't play BG2 at all now. I have bought SoD but from what I am reading of other people's experiences that won't work either and I really don't think I can stand the disappointment. PLEASE can tech support look into what is going on?

By the way I have no other graphics card installed that I could try.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Arise, thread, and join the living once more.

I'm having the same problem. I've been having it for some time, actually, and am only now sitting down to try and solve it. Perhaps not coincidentally, the oldest crash log I have from this problem is dated April 10, which was when this thread was active.

Dump file is attached, and a bug report is filed (with the dump file). But I'm wondering if any forumites ever found a workaround for this? I kind of want to play the game.