Skip to content

The Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
I'm delighted to hear that Vin Diesel is finally making the third film of his Riddick trilogy:
The Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking. They're filming now and It's due out next year.

Rumor has it that Vin is an avid D&Der, and this has long been a pet project of his.

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I love Chronicles of Riddick. It's too bad he waited this long, he's getting kind of old now.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    He *is* an avid D&Der. In fact, he's the owner and founder of the Tigon Studios, which developed the Chronicles of Riddick games in the first place. Awesome gaming man :p
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited September 2012
    rumour? (skip to about a minute in) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71AzW9_p4Jg
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    He's aging well. He's by no means too old to play an action hero like Riddick. Harrison Ford was pulling it off with Indiana Jones well into his 60's. At 45 Vin might be a little old to play Minsc... but come to think of it, would anyone would really care, though?
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Wow, heard a rumor couple of years back but I never thought it will happen. Great!
    - "You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? Fucking insulting. But the worst mistake you made..."
    Did you guys actually like the second film? or are you hoping for a return to the awesomeness that was pitch black?
    edited September 2012
    I actually liked the second one better than Pitch Black. It was more of an epic tale. There's something undeniably charming, modest, and indie feeling about Pitch Black that I really liked. But I liked the story arc in the sequel better. And it had some excellent CGI.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I agree with Lemernis. The first one was just a monster movie. The second one had really good mythology behind it, and got into who Riddick really was.
    It also left a lot for the viewer to figure out and infer. The movie abounded with internal frame of references, and it kind of left you guessing how everything fit together. Some folks might be bothered by that, but I liked that about the film. Made it kind of film noir-ish.
  • AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 110
    It's a bit odd to compare the two films, even though they're part of the same franchise. Pitch Black stands on its own as more of a horror/claustrophobic flick. The Chronicles was trying to create a franchise, and brought probably a bit too much to the table.
    @AlexM Well put.