Skip to content

BG2 Theme on Piano - help me get this arrangement!

IlphalarIlphalar Member Posts: 68
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
That's the arrangement of BG2 Main Theme made by a guy named Rhaeide, which blows my mind out of my ears every time I listen to this. Unfortunatelly he wants to get 100k views before he makes sheet music. So what can I say? Check that by yourselves, and send that to as many people you'd want, like, or are able to :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki9mkLh9u08

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Piano is such a great instrument.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited September 2012
    That's cool but it's nothing particularly impressive IMO. He does little more than play the main melody (approximately at that) with the correct chords. If writing sheet music wasn't such a pain in the ass I'd do my own (better) arrangement and post it here. Ah maybe I will...
  • IlphalarIlphalar Member Posts: 68
    Wow, so don't take it personally but You'd better make such an arrangement so that nobody there could say "great boast, little roast" or something in that manner ;-) To tell the truth I've been learning piano for the last two years, but if You could show me some better arrangement I promise that I'm going to learn it by hard in a few months*

* obviously relatively few ;-)
    @Zeckul if you can do it, then you'd be doing a service to piano playing BG fans :D
    As for boasting.. Someone who knows what they are doing with a piano can just go right ahead and do this kind of thing without much trouble, just like the guy in the video and what Zeckul claims. Writing up music is still time consuming and kind of boring.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Haha, he wants 100k views before he makes sheet music?
    That's quite a cynical, manipulative thing to say.
    You could quite easily produce the sheet music just by listening to it. I could do it myself but I don't really have the time or the inclination.
    Ilphalar said:

Wow, so don't take it personally but You'd better make such an arrangement so that nobody there could say "great boast, little roast" or something in that manner ;-)

I've been playing piano for 17 years so I don't really care what people think. That said, this piqued my curiositty so I am working on my own arragement.

ajwz said:

Haha, he wants 100k views before he makes sheet music?
    That's quite a cynical, manipulative thing to say.
    You could quite easily produce the sheet music just by listening to it. I could do it myself but I don't really have the time or the inclination.

You know, but that's exactly the problem, every person I've tried to ask for answers basically "I could do it myself but I don't have the time/inclination", and I definitelly cannot do that by myself after playing the piano for the last two years :-)

@Zeckul I would really love to hear that :-)
    Aren't there keyboards that record what you play as sheet music (on computer)? I dare say they aren't 100% accurate, maybe there is a Baldur's gater with one of those (fingers crossed)
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Pshhhhh just transcribe it! It'll be a good exercise for you, I promise. =)
    edited September 2012
    Here's a very, very rough draft for the impatients. Only main melody, chords and some other important notes. Replace the Cdims on the first stave with Cm and insert your own rythmical figures and harmonisation. I'll try and do something more polished over the next days.
    001.jpg 659.2K
    I'd love to wait for that, though tell me please how can you download the draft You've published there? I think there is some problem with the image... or that's only me who cannot see the jpeg?
    Hum, I don't get it, but here it is again just in case.

001.jpg 659.2K