Skip to content

(Spoiler) Imported party question

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
Hi,
As i know i just beat sarevok with my party, kivan, viconia, dorn, alora, neera and my bard pc. I heard that kivan, alora wont be in SOD as npc, but when i import obviously they still in my party. Are they removed somewhere, or get i something negative about use them as npc-s? Or they just became like custom made characters without personality ? Ill do better to use the valid npcs, like jaheira, khalid ?

I so undecided about how to continue. Pls give me advise.
Post edited by Danacm on

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I think (not tested, there's like two dozen of them after all) all the original companions are with you throughout the prologue at least. That is, the cave dungeon thing you start in. After that everyone gets removed, regardless of which party you're in, when the next chapter starts. Whether or not Kivan and Alora shows up later I don't know, but I think the others you mentioned do.

Note that all their gear will be stored in a chest, so you don't have to worry about losing loot at least.
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    After the prologue. Your party will be removed and you will be on your own and you have to recruit new people. You may find some old faces here and there, but the only characters from original you can recruit are;

Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Jaheira
    Khalid
    Safana
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Neera
    Rasaad
    Baeloth

So yeah... No Alora, Kivan, Brawen, Ajantis, Yeslick etc etc. :(
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    So i loose my beloved npcs :(
    Im little bit dissapointed, because i dont know about the new party, and i need to replace some basic members. And what do you think, who will replace them ? I need thief, fighter for example.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    There's enough other companions available to replace all the necessary roles. Thief is easily covered by Safana for instance (actually, I got her in the prologue allready, to replace Imoen) and there's no lack of warriors. Of course you may not love all the options, but there certainly are options.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Are there any other thief who is not Safana ?
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    @Danacm One of the new NPCs is a thief/cleric combo I believe.
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    Do NPCS like Kivan, Branwen, Yeslick etc have dialogue that reveals where they go?
  • podpity_joepodpity_joe Member Posts: 21
    I got Shar Teel to remain in my party by having her as the team leader (top portrait). This is most likely a bug though. She was in the Ducal Palace after the prologue.
  • podpity_joepodpity_joe Member Posts: 21
    Also I wonder: in the Ducal Palace I received quests to talk with Tiax and Coran(among other NPCs), but no matter what dialogue options I chose, they refused to join me. Is that fixed?
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191

Also I wonder: in the Ducal Palace I received quests to talk with Tiax and Coran(among other NPCs), but no matter what dialogue options I chose, they refused to join me. Is that fixed?

I don't think Garrick, Tiax and Coran are supposed to join. It's meant to set up their new status quos in SoA, where they make cameo appearances.
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127

They don't join you no matter what you do. It's working as intended.