Skip to content

Really, it's all about the Shield of Egons +2 in heroic adventuring.

PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
I haven't purchased Siege of Dragonspear yet, but I am really looking forward to this item. It's supposedly a +2 shield that confers a +1 bonus to Turn Undead (+2 for Priest of Lathander or Undead Hunter). I wish we had more stuff like this in BG2. Anyway, has anyone used the shield? What kind of shield is it (small, medium, large), does it have its own special design, and for any Priests of Lathander, did the +2 bonus to Turn Undead make a noticeable difference?
Post edited by Philhelm on
booinyoureyes

Comments

• EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2016
    @Philhelm

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/458613230106000938/F117DCAC51DD7834A00B475B1DFB876799509524/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/458613230106004197/5D37FF02E3F0813B244B24916088BB7080DD3A3A/

As I was playing a warrior, I quickly changed it for something better so I don't really know it's usefullness. But you can see it for yourself here.
    Philhelm
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    I am not really a fan of those kit-specific bonusses. Seems too gamey to me. With priests kit it might made some sense due to the link with their god, but the higher +% magic res for Wizard Slayers on other items are just weird.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    @Escarche Thank you. I like the Priest of Lathander kit, so it would be interesting to see how its Turn Undead function performs with a +2 bonus. I hope that the item can be exported to BG2.
    Inconnu
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    Do priests of Talos get a specific item too?
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    My paladin undead hunter is enjoying it when he is not wielding his two handed sword and thanks the gods every day for being able to use both two handed items and one handed plus shield without swapping them in and out of inventory!
    Philhelmmoody_mage
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    edited April 2016
    Wanderon said:

My paladin undead hunter is enjoying it when he is not wielding his two handed sword and thanks the gods every day for being able to use both two handed items and one handed plus shield without swapping them in and out of inventory!

I used to not use certain item combinations, such as sword and shield and bow, since the inventory screen didn't pause during combat (although this was changed with EE). This new feature is greatly appreciated.

Regarding the Undead Hunter, the only problem is that his Turn Undead level isn't so great to begin with. The kit should have received a bonus to Turn Undead, so that it would equal a cleric of proportionate level. Perhaps give him immunity to disease too, but give him a harsher penalty of some sort. Regardless, I would still rate the Undead Hunter better than a pure Paladin, but the other kits are insane.