Skip to content

Issue redeeming a gifted license

Good day.
I've opened a support ticket, but not heard anything for four days. I'm hoping that someone at Beamdog will see there here and maybe help out.
I was gifted a copy of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. I created an account and redeemed the code, at which time the license showed in the "my games" section of my account. I was on break at work when I did this, so when I got home that night and logged in to download it, it no longer showed in the "my games" section of my account. I tried the code again and got a message that it had already been redeemed.
As I noted, I opened a support ticket, but have not heard back for four days. My support ticket is #18576 and the ticket has my account information and details about the gifted license.
Can anyone at Beamdog help me out with this? I'm looking forward to playing this game, but have not been able to do so due to this issue.

Regards,
-HitmanHart

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HitmanHartHitmanHart Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, Typo. Will do.
    Okay...it's been almost a week now and I still don't have the game that's been paid for and I can't get any answers (at all) from anyone on this.

I've opened two tickets on this issue and both of them still state that they are "awaiting assignment to a support agent".

I totally understand them being busy, but this is getting frustrating. My friend gave me this game, declaring how awesome it is and how I'd want to purchase the entire series once I played it.

I think at least someone should have responded with at least a "we're working on this" or "give us a day or two to look at it", but the tickets are simply unassigned and (from my perspective) being ignored. If they aren't being ignored, I have zero way to tell. There is zero communication of any type from their customer support team to me on this.

At this rate, I may simply give up and not purchase anything more from this company if this is the level of (non-) support I can expect. I will also discourage my friends from purchasing due to my experience with serious lack of customer support.

Regards,
    HitmanHart
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I'm on the technical side of the house, but I can assure you that no support ticket is being ignored, they are just completely swamped. They're moving some people around to help with the load and hopefully they'll be getting to your problem soon.

Sorry for the delay!
    Cerevant,

Okay...thank you for the reply. At least now I know someone is listening.

Good communication is important to me as a customer, and it's been a bit lacking.

-HitmanHart
    Still nothing. More than a week now. Two tickets opened. Zero responses from customer support. I can't play a game that's been paid for and no one there seems to bothered by this other than someone who's not in technical support.

I'm trying to be patient, but the customer service here leaves a lot to be desired. I will have a very hard time recommending this game company to anyone for two reasons: 1) customer service is lacking, and 2) I can't play the game because it's not showing in my account for downloading.

I've heard from several people that this game is awesome, amazing, in depth, incredible, etc, etc... However, I am completely unable to verify this because I can't download the game to play it due to some unknown glitch in the company's servers that no one there seems to be willing to help me out with.

If this was a purchase from me and not a gifted game code, I would be wanting my money back.

Warmest possible regards,
    HitmanHart
    Currently A Dissatisfied Customer
    It took more than a week, but this issue was addressed. My frustration is not with the game, but better communication would have been preferred.
    I appreciate the issue being addressed.
    Regards,
    HitmanHart
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.