Skip to content

Soundsets

kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
Seeing as many of the sites hosting sound sets are horribly outdated, I decided to open a thread in which players can share custom sound sets they have created for the Baldur's Gate community.

Please include a brief summary of what's provided and give credit where need be.
I'll get it started.

Here is a Dawn of War sound set that I created for BG2, it took me a lengthy amount of time to extract and compile so I felt compelled to share it with the Balder's Gate community.

If anyone enjoys it I'll commence creating new sound sets.

Here's the link;
http://www.2shared.com/file/9_2n4CGn/Dawn_of_War_-_Voice_pack.html
Post edited by Coriander on
nzdawghaus

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Dude, awesome. I was asking in Off-Topic if anyone knew of a file-hosting site so we could easily do this.

I literally just finished compiling a soundset for Axe from Dota 2. It's so perfect.

http://www.2shared.com/file/9DJQ4RN9/Morgul_Khan.html

I also went and made images out of this image:

If you guys want me to go upload the L and S image of him for use as well as the sound set, let me know.
    kirosnzdawghaus
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    Just listened to your sound set, nice work sandman.
    It was actually you're thread that inspired me to create this sound sets topic ;)
    we need mawwr soundsets for this thread.
    Thanks. I take no credit. All I did was rearrange the work of Valve and voice actor Jon St. John.

... OMG i just realized Axe is voiced by Duke Nukem. No wonder he's such a bad-ass.

I am planning on making some more sound sets from Dota characters. All their sound files can be found on their various page over at the Dota 2 wiki "Heroes" page.

Probably going to do Windrunner or Enchantress next.
    Went and did the same thing for Enchantress:

http://www.2shared.com/file/ARoYzF51/Enchantress.html

Didn't bother to convert sounds for BG1 Vanilla, but they should still work without rearranging any of the voiceover files. It works well if you're playing a happy-go-lucky female ranger or druid or some type.

SPROINK!
    nzdawghaus
  • MunkeyXisMunkeyXis Member Posts: 3
    Will the ability to add custom sound sets be available in BG:EE for the PC and Android?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Does anyone have the soundset of NWN2 for BG? Thx
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    MunkeyXis said:

Will the ability to add custom sound sets be available in BG:EE for the PC and Android?

PC: Yes.
    Android: Maybe?

I don't know anything about the Android platform, but if it relies on file directories, it shouldn't be impossible, though it might be complicated.
  • ArkinArkin Member Posts: 32
    Great work. Since you seem to understand sound stuff, maybe you could answer a question: Do you know how to install custom sound sets for BG:EE? I'm having trouble doing so.
  • Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    @Arkin and anyone else who is having issues with using custom soundsets:

You can use DLTCEP (download link) and follow the methods posted on this thread to get them working.

-Prince_of_Lies
  • nzdawghausnzdawghaus Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2017
    -meh-
    Post edited by nzdawghaus on