Skip to content

Bravo!

Samtheon47Samtheon47 Member Posts: 2
I want to thank each of the people involved in this project. I still remember the first time I played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and each of their expansions, back when they were released. Those games were a wonder to play, and replay, and replay again. When I loaded up Siege of Dragonspear and I heard the voices of my long lost virtual friends (and enemies), that same wonder washed over me again. For a moment, I swear I felt 14 again.

I have not yet completed the game, but the improvements to the map, journal, loot, and other systems are a total joy. The story feels like a natural fit between 1 and 2 (oh imoen, of course you had to stay at home...you're needed for BG2!). And hearing and learning more about Minsc, Viconia (you saucy minx, I'll make an honest woman of you yet), Khalid, Skie, and all the other old (and new) NPC's again is just a pure joy. Well worth the price of admission.

I am deeply sorry that any controversy has developed regarding this game or its content. I personally was not offended in the least, and would hate to see the wonderful parts of this game overshadowed by such superficial dribble (rest assured, Boo will finish their eyeballs once and for all so they do not rise again). My only hope is for a silver lining in the form of additional exposure to this project. Some would say any press is good press. I'm not sure I'd agree, but here's hoping!

Regardless, thank you to everyone at Beamdog, etc. What a total treat this is. Your work is deeply appreciated.

Comments

• Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Thank you for your thoughts friend, glad you are enjoying this great game.
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    I am also enjoying it a great deal though it's added even more stress than usual for me in a way.

I always have trouble picking my party and with these new characters to try I'm having even more trouble. Not to mention a certain favorite of mine came waltzing into my camp outta nowhere...

Edwin came marching in and I love that guy but I have no room yet. I am at a crossroads here. :P
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Vyrulisse said:

it's added even more stress than usual for me in a way.

All I can add to that is I like that feeling very much, so it's not negative stress for me. New characters start at 64000 XP level 7
    and with Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, Dynaheir, Safana added to the initial party
    while BGEE characters continueing into SOD may have many more XP up to level 9 (or level 10 for thieves) plus all the shiny items. And then I've found a few more BGEE savegame files including a dual-class Fighter 7/Cleric 7 final save. Enough melee power for me to give those new NPCs a try.
  • BlackorbBlackorb Member Posts: 62
    Bravo indeed! go beamdog :#