Skip to content

Borderless/windowed

NagealNageal Member Posts: 1
Hi there,

All new to the forums and stuff, but I got one burning question. Is it possible to play BGEE windowed/borderless (with some kind of mod) AND that the cursor is locked ( So I don't have the glitch while scrolling the map)

I've been googling, but there are no solid topic about it.

So, any suggestions or tips?

Kind regards,

Nageal

Comments

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    No, there really isn't a Borderless/Windowed mod or setting.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Freche: Your point? Google doesn't show up a Windowed/Borderless feature for Baldur's Gate. Google doesn't always find everything, especially something like an obscure mod. Perhaps someone has found some ini tweak somewhere.

A borderless feature would certainly be nice.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    The first link for you is not the first link for others. Your link definitely didn't show up high in the list for me.

That said, you still won't be able to scroll in windowed mode, and you still lose sound when you tab out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    Thels said:

That said, you still won't be able to scroll in windowed mode, and you still lose sound when you tab out.

At one point, I found a mod for Windowed Mode. It had this exact issue. I had to use either use the arrow keys or WASD to move around the screen. It was really quite inconvenient. And if you accidentally moved the mouse outside of the game (I have 2 monitors), then even WASD or the arrow keys weren't picked up by the game.

The other thing is, most of these "windowed mode mods" are very wonky implementations. They activate BG or BG2 or whatever using different parameters than was intended for the original program. As such, the game could have different behavior than intended. Most of these modders have no idea how things such as threads or processes ( https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684841(v=vs.85).aspx ) actually work, which leads to odd behavior in their executable. Then, their executable starts the game, which causes a cascade effect of odd behavior in game stability.

In short, you're much better off just dealing with the fact that you have to either 1) use a Virtual Machine OR 2) play the game without Windowed mode. It's not like it's hard to hit alt+tab...