Skip to content

Dialgue Calming, random joinable NPC's

I wish force talking to an enemy could result in cessation of hostility. Like, sometimes when you accidentally hurt a commoner or whatever and they turn red. If you have a high reputation and charisma, you should be able to force talk to him/her and say. "Hey look, sorry man. Things got out of control. I was attacked. I'm sorry you got in the middle of it. Are you ok? Let me heal you. Let me buy you a drink."
or if your evil. "Hey, here's 10 gold to keep your mouth shut." problem solved.

I'd really like this for encounters with mercenaries too. "Hold up a second. I just killed your team. Just calm down, there's a way you can walk away from all this." This would be xtra cool if we could recruit just about everybody too. "I see you can handle yourself pretty well, how about you join with us." Then, somebody who just tried to kill you is now part of your team.

I'd really really like it if everybody could be recruited. I'd be sporting a six man team of CHARNAME and 5 peasent "boy" "girl", who, I imagine have ridiculous 68pt attribute rolls, and would, idk, be assigned random classes.

So, how about it?

Comments

• FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Any interest out there? (bump)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Nice idea @FinnTheHuman!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Thanks @kamuizin,
    Thanks @subtledoctor,

Interesting insight into the mechanics. I didn't know about the Ctrl+Q. It shouldn't suprise me that Ctrl+Q is already available. This game and its ability to be modified and expose its inner workings to the user is amazing. Too bad it doesn't apply to me and my ipad. If i could do that I would give it a try.

The problem with Ctrl+Q is that I would have to tell myself that CHARNAME and street urchin had a conversation and it went like "...". Thats not so bad, after so many replays i do stuff like that anyway. And if a generic "join us" conversation was included in every generic person's dialogue tree, we'd see a lot of different people echo the same N many variants of the theme anyway. Still, something like this as part of the game really speaks to one of my favorite parts of the series, the whole open worldness aspect.

And yes, now that your comment has forced me to do the math, 68 points is only 5 points above average. Totally ridiculous! :tongue:
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    To be fair, 68 is also 7 points below the minimum for player characters. So it's plenty ridiculous for someone joining your party. ;)