Skip to content

Infinity Animations Question

MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
edited September 2012 in General Modding
Greetings folks, to those of you that know about Infinity Animations, i have one question :

Should any new game created, use the BG1 animations by default? Or you need to actually make a save game when you start, and then patch it through infinity animations setup?

The second is done fine, but i can't start a game where the animations are BG1-like without me intervening.

Cheers

Edit : I was asking about mod sequense before, but i figured it out, and just changed the question instead of making another thread.
Post edited by Mornmagor on

Comments

• MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Hi Mornmagor - please look at the last few components in the readme for more details.

http://readme.spellholdstudios.net/infinityanimations.html#compon

As you can see, you can install component #9600 to prompt to use BG1 animations for each character in a saved game. Other options will patch all characters, but you must use caution as stated in the readme. BG1 animations do not (yet) support dual-wielding. If you try to dual wield with a BG1 animation, it will crash the game.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2012
    Hey Miloch, yeah, thanks for that info, i was mostly wondering about the fact that, whenever i start a new game after i install Infinity Animations, the characters start with the BG2 animations, and i have to save and then run IA setup again to patch the save and make it work.

I was wondering if this is how IA works, or there is an option to make it use BG1 animations by default, without having to patch the save file, and i just don't know about it.
    If you install component #8030 "BG1 Character Animations for NPCs: most relevant creatures" then any NPCs that could have a BG1 animation without serious conflict will have them when you start a new game. It still avoids dual-wielding characters so as not to crash the game.
    I see, that's weird, i have everything installed, but i still have the old animations when i start a new game.

I have to run Infinity Animations Setup, to patch the saved file and then it works.

I have both #8030 and #9520 but still i need to use #9620 to make it work.

Oh well :/
    Your PC will never have the BG1 animation when starting a new game. Could be done but we'd have to script it (or perhaps hack the engine rather gratuitously). The workaround for that is to export your character, use one of the 95xx components on him then reimport. Also as I said, if you have any stars in dual-wielding or a weapon in the off-hand, it won't work. If you have #8030 installed, then most other NPCs who can join should have the BG1 animation (again with the exception noted). If you see any specific ones who don't, let me know and I'll check the code. But offhand just glancing at it, Imoen, Jaheira and Khalid should all be eligible for the BG1 animation.
    Ah, ok, it is intended then. Yeah everything else works as you described.

Cheers :]
  • ProbeProbe Member Posts: 80
    edited January 2014
    Post edited by Probe on