Skip to content

Is the Enhanced Edition Going to be Free Online Play?

AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I heard it's going to have Online Access in the Enhanced Edition if not never mind my bad....

Is the Enhanced Edition does anyone know if they are providing FREE Online Play?

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Its not like there will be any servers to play on, so there's really nothing to charge for I think.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    yeah, it will cost the same than BG normal edition
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    BG:EE Multiplayer is peer to peer, so there's nothing for us to charge for.
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    Talvrae said:

How much will it cost is because I never played Baldur's Gate Before?

• TaisharTaishar Member Posts: 27
    Only if you buy in 3 month increments Ajwz, otherwise it costs about 2x that.
    ajwz said:

Animeware said:

Talvrae said:

$0 a month for the first 3 months, rising to $0 after that.
    The Game Online will be 100% Free is what I'm understanding correctly right? If it does cost money are 3 month I understand is because we want to help raise money to help develop BG2 Enhance Edition and BG3 too...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Animeware said:

ajwz said:

Animeware said:

Talvrae said:

The Game Online will be 100% Free is what I'm understanding correctly right? If it does cost money are 3 month I understand is because we want to help raise money to help develop BG2 Enhance Edition and BG3 too...
    Yes, thats right, sorry for not being clear, I was joking around. Multiplayer is always completely free to play.
    edited September 2012
    ajwz said:

Animeware said:

ajwz said:

Animeware said:

Talvrae said:

Yes, thats right, sorry for not being clear, I was joking around. Multiplayer is always completely free to play.
    Thank you for clearing this up for me and anyone else who want's to know this info also....
    A+++++
  • LugeLuge Member Posts: 90
    Just so you understand, though: There are no servers. You host the game yourself with up to five friends and play through the adventure together as a single team which cannot change. This is not Diablo.

L.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    @Majoca Good grief! Where's the "oh no no no" button when you need it.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    It's free cos you connect directly to other playes without an server, but some contact with Garena or EuroNet (or any new general game servers, i'm out of those servers for a long time) could give BG EE a plataform base to easly multi-players.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437

BG:EE Multiplayer is peer to peer, so there's nothing for us to charge for.

A Masterserver?

edited September 2012
    My first Multilayer I ever played was Rise of the Triad in middle School during lunch hour and we had 35 computers rocking and killing each other our lunch where only 1 hour it felt like 5 mins because it was so fun I would never forget these moments in DOS days....

I think this was back in 1996 I was in 7th grade.... good old times....
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited September 2012
    Come to think of it, some sort of an officially hosted multiplayer lobby client type of a solution would be pretty awesome. Such thing would direct and..inspire parts of the community to all kinds of interesting directions(Role Playing? Guilds? PvP duels?) that majority of people will never think about or pursue if Multiplayer is ye olde " Insert IP adress and pray" type of a thing.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    edited September 2012
    I just assembled the Flail of Ages. Where can I sell it?
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    i dont know about a multiplayer lobby, but w/o a masterserver noone will be able to connect to anything w/o knowing its targets precise IP.
    Will it have a Chat Room like in Diablo 2 style I love to chat room for the Multilayer room my favorite and and join other games as well and create a room as well....
  • goodoogoodoo Member Posts: 17
    Majoca said:

I worry for the newer generation of gamers, expecting multiplayer to cost, we already pay for the internet, then to have a computer and for the game! eventually it will cost to have accounts, characters and using the in game buttons.

Baldurs gEAt, EA edition! "you cannot hide in the shadows at this time, you have £0 in the Origins bank found in nashkel, either use your bank details or collect 10k bandit scalps and trade in for 0.0001 credit points to spend on abilities"

¬_¬

Better yet: INSERT COIN TO CONTINUE!

Seriously though I don't like the direction games are taking nowadays either and I'm glad BG:EE won't be like that. Even if, there's always the original games.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    This thread is silly in a very disturbing way.

Animeware said:

Will it have a Chat Room like in Diablo 2 style I love to chat room for the Multilayer room my favorite and and join other games as well and create a room as well....

This feature will not be added in time for the release, but I suppose it can be suggested for a later patch. It would certainly do well for the team to add this feature for PvP insults, otherwise it just won't be the same.
    That would be sweet if it was added later on after....
    Jean_Luc said:

This thread is silly in a very disturbing way.

Why do you think it's disturbing way?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @Sylvus_Moonbow, Team BG already said no.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    This reminds me of Activision's continuing efforts to charge people a monthly fee to play COD online, despite the fact that Activision has no servers, or hardware... or ANYTHING that is used in MP that could possibly be seen as justification for it.

Just in case you were wondering, EA is no better: from EA CEO John Riccitello "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time."

I still remember when multiplayer was a FEATURE that was used to sell more games, not an additional revenue stream to milk more cash out of your own customers after you've already paid for the game.