Skip to content

Athrogate and Korgan

RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
So I was just wondering, has anyone ever noticed the similarities between Athrogate (for those who don't know; he's a character in a couple of R A Salvatore's novels) and Korgan?

They're both loudmouthed drunkard dwarven fighters who'd do just about anything for money, but when it comes to the ill-treatment of destitute children, they both verily disapprove. And neither has any interest in discussing his past.

Just a thought..

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    It's the fantasy dwarf stereotype. We could relate them to Tolkein's dwarves if we really wanted.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    When does Korgan disapproves of illtreating children? Never saw him disapproving of.. anything which involved gaining more money.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    @Roller12 I believe he has a few choice words about Neb the child murderer if you do that quest while having him in your party
    @Rexfaroensis
    I dont see anything there. However, this quest is given to us by a dwarf, because Neb, who also happens to be a dwarf, stole his ilithium. A happy reunion indeed, i doubt Korgan would be unhappy here.
    Roller12 said:

@Rexfaroensis
    I dont see anything there. However, this quest is given to us by a dwarf, because Neb, who also happens to be a dwarf, stole his ilithium. A happy reunion indeed, i doubt Korgan would be unhappy here.

Wasn't Neb a gnome?
    @Rexfaroensis
    It certainly would appear so, for some reason lol, but according to game files he is a dwarf.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    In the Slavers quest, Korgan tells the Slaver Captain that even *he* is disgusted by child slavery.
    Interesting, in bg1 Neb is a gnome, in bg2 he is a dwarf. I guess we are seeing here a "Silence of the lambs" case.
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    Neb: Plastic surgery? Never heard of it.
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    There's a Krogan in Baldur's Gate?
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    Roller12 said:

Interesting, in bg1 Neb is a gnome, in bg2 he is a dwarf.

Isn't that some kinda inconsistency, maybe it should be reported in bugs?
    Grieg said:

Roller12 said:

Interesting, in bg1 Neb is a gnome, in bg2 he is a dwarf.

Isn't that some kinda inconsistency, maybe it should be reported in bugs?
    Doesn't his soundscript even say 'You wouldn't hurt a gnome, would you?'
    edited September 2012
    its barely worth the clicks to report and would come as a pretty anal nitpicking. Im not even sure if its a bug, since Neb is a Gnome in bg1, and if they take his creature files he will be one in bg:ee too. It gave us something to talk about and i think thats great, lol.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Neb thing is fixed for BG2EE since its likely in one of the fixpacks already.