Skip to content

Which IE game did this model come from [Spoilers]

Where did the Neolithid model come from? I have never seen it before?

Comments

• simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    It's NEW!
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    simples said:

It's NEW!

AH MA GAHD
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    edited April 2016
    It looks brilliant!
    Is it the only new one in the game?
    Shame they didn't redo the one for
    Belhifet
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    There's also a new model for bonebats. I think we've also got the new avariel models (winged elves) but it might be just an item working as an attachment that gives them wings. I believe the green dragon model is also new as it's much more slender compared to all the dragons we've met so far.
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2016
    Grimo88 said:

simples said:

It's NEW!

AH MA GAHD
    http://coub.com/view/au0kd
    I think we've also got the new avariel models
    no, they used one from the mod.
  • RaltarRaltar Member Posts: 35
    Krotos said:

There's also a new model for bonebats. I think we've also got the new avariel models (winged elves) but it might be just an item working as an attachment that gives them wings. I believe the green dragon model is also new as it's much more slender compared to all the dragons we've met so far.

I think the green dragon was just a scaled down version of another dragon already in the game. That's why it looked more slender. It wasn't nearly the size of the other dragons seen in BG2.
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    Krotos said:

I think we've also got the new avariel models (winged elves) but it might be just an item working as an attachment that gives them wings.

I believe it is a helm. :)
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Krotos said:

i think the bonebat one is from Planescape.

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    simples said:

Krotos said:

i think the bonebat one is from Planescape.

Yup. They are basically renamed Vargouille, vampiric demons that consist almost entirely out of a flying head.
    I played Planescape: Torment, yet I don't remember them from there...maybe it's because the lighting is different in BG so they seem new.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited April 2016
    @Krotos
    You can encounter the Vargouille en masses within The Weeping Stone Catacombs, just below the Buried Village in Planescape: Torment. Their bestiary entry also features a lovely selfie close-up in 3D:
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Ah! Winged heads of classical pianists!
    @Kamigoroshi Oh now I remember! Still, the lighting in BG is just different, so it could be simply my eyes fooling me.
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    edited April 2016
    Edit: Responded to something already answered