Skip to content

Underground river trapped wall?

So, while looking for a side entrance to the camp in the underground river area, I stumbled across this trap.

I can't disarm it, or otherwise interact with it. Does anyone know what it's for?

Comments

• craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2016
  • OximusOximus Member Posts: 14
    Looks like a hidden door, found it too. There must be a quest that opens it.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Yeah, I never found out what that did.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    This was indeed the most baffling thing in the whole game for me. My guess is that it was supposed to be related to something, such as Voghlin's personal quest (which was subsequently abandoned), but that it is meaningless at the moment.

Perhaps @Amber_Scott, who mentioned the Voghlin thing, knows something about this.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    My assumption was that it was a secret tunnel that could let you into the cavern without slaughtering the guards. I haven't played through with the evil npcs yet though, so I can't say if this is cut content or not.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited May 2016
    Fardragon said:

My assumption was that it was a secret tunnel that could let you into the cavern without slaughtering the guards. I haven't played through with the evil npcs yet though, so I can't say if this is cut content or not.

IIRC, the evil druid in the caverns makes vague mention of an alternate entrance. Also, the good druids tell you to enter through the "cliffside" in the Northeast without making any reference to the Crusader brigade guarding the one entrance we do know of...so yeah, I'm thinking cut content :)
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Purudaya said:

Also, the good druids tell you to enter through the "cliffside" in the Northeast without making any reference to the Crusader brigade guarding the one entrance we do know of...so yeah, I'm thinking cut content :)

However, they talk about helping to get there, and once you approach the camp gate, the druid's animal friends spawn and help you.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited May 2016

Purudaya said:

Also, the good druids tell you to enter through the "cliffside" in the Northeast without making any reference to the Crusader brigade guarding the one entrance we do know of...so yeah, I'm thinking cut content :)

However, they talk about helping to get there, and once you approach the camp gate, the druid's animal friends spawn and help you.
    You're right of course - I forgot about that. Could be that we're both correct and that the animal summons were added after the second entrance was cut. Either way, I feel like an alternate entrance should've been included to give the player some more options.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    I found the quest related to this trap. It is the secret cache of the thieves guild in the coalition camp.
    When you confront the quest leader in the camp, you can ask for a part of their treasure, she indicates this cave (some gold in it and a unique magical crossbow).