Skip to content

Unable to install BG:EE on Mac after patch 2.0

AerethielAerethiel Member Posts: 17
Hello,

I purchased BG:EE from Beamdog around 2 years ago (for mac). I wanted to install it back lately and while the downloader download and install, I cannot seem to install the game. I am stuck to the downloader screen who, strangely, display info from the august 2014 patch. Then, when I click "launch" the downloader shut down and nothing happen.

I remember being able to play flawlessly a couple of months back.
How can I get it to work again ?

Thanks,

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Try going into the Game Data folder and rename the app - just add an x or something to the end.
  • AerethielAerethiel Member Posts: 17
    Thank you. Now something really weird is happening. Before trying what you told me, I managed to install the game but it wouldn't launch itself (the launcher closed and nothing happened). Then, I tried launching it directly while going to Applications/Baldur's Gate Enhanced/00777/Baldur's Gate Enhanced.app

Then Mac Os said that the App was not a PowerPC app and therefore couldn't launch it.

I opened the .app file, located the "Balder's Gate Enhanced Edition" file in the "Mac OS" directory and added a ".app" after that. I clicked it, and the game launched. However, I'm still unable to launch the game through the launcher or directly clicking the original .app file in the Applications/Baldur'sGate Enhanced/00777 directory.

Any ideas ?

Note that I am on El Capitan and deleted/reinstalled the game 3 times (while deleting files and following advice 3 to 5 on that topic https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16040/osx-stand-alone-launcher-issues)
    We're working on a solution to this, but the problem is that spotlight indexes the app before it is done downloading and evil black OSX magic happens.

If you rename the top level app - not the launcher, but the .app in the Game Data / 00777 folder - just put an X at the beginning - it will work.
    You worked magic ! Thank you. Everything works fine. Hopefully, this will not interfere with future updates.

you'll need to rename it back for updates to work, but hopefully we'll have the launcher issue sorted by then.