Skip to content

[Mod] Spell system tweak : Tattoos of Power + Sorcerers can change spells

stohstoh Member Posts: 1
edited April 2016 in General Modding
Here is the alpha version of some tweaks of the spell system. There's three independent components

Tattoo of Power
Do you like contingency spells, but find tiresome the need to cast them between each fight ? That's what this component is about. It offers an alternative to contingencies - Tattoos of Power - that triggers at every fight without the need to recreate them. There are some trade off, for instance the trigger is always on enemy sight, and the target is always the caster. More details in the readme :)

Sorcerers can change spells
This is more of a convenience component than anything. This component allow sorcerers to learn the ability to chose again their spells at every point of the game. There is also the possibility to trade known spells for more cast per day.

Alternate version of Nahal's Reckless Dweomer
Again, more of a convenience tweak. Since NRD can (and I guess is used to) chain spells as if under the effect of improved alacrity while triggering wild surge every time, the alternate version does exactly that. The objective is to remove the bothersome task of picking the correct spell through the entire spellbook.

This mod should be compatible with every bg versions (although some options are only available for the enhanced editions). I've only tested it on bg2ee though, so there are probably some bugs here and there.

Also, my English is really far from perfect so the in-game descriptions are probably mediocre at best.

v0.1 zip : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B928jY5FzvcGLWRWNUZaRlUxb28
Post edited by stoh on