Skip to content

Keyring for important keys, or other unlocking thingys

ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Hey, im not 100% sure someone didn't mention something like this. But because i didn't find it on forum i wanted to suggest adding keyring for all that super important keys and other simmilar stuff.
Instead to inventory it would be added there so we won't missplace it

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I love this idea. A key takes up as much room as a Great Sword. Hrm... Big key, right, Boo?
  • krikkertkrikkert Member Posts: 26
    Very good idea.
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    There is a mod for BG2 which does this which I never play without. It would be much appreciated.
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    Love it.
  • DougieDougie Member Posts: 34
    Sorry, I just noticed this after saying the same thing elsewhere :)
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Makes sense for BG2, but as I also said elsewhere (:P @Dougie) there are what, two keys in BG1?
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    I was also thinking about other simmilar items like wardstones. But maybe even some quest items, so we won't sell or throw them away by mistake.
    Bag of Holding?
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    Theres no bag of holding in bg1. An inventory tab with quest items which you cant throw away or sell or/and a keyring.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    ego1ste said:

Theres no bag of holding in bg1. An inventory tab with quest items which you cant throw away or sell or/and a keyring.

For me, it's this.

Makes no sense you can't sell "Gorion's Scroll" from the ambush area, which is a story related item, but you *can* sell Marrianne's husband's letter that you get south of Beregost, which is an actual quest item. Same thing for items like Perdue's short sword, which looks exactly like a regular short sword and can be vendored.

• HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Yes, this feature would be so much more convenient in BG2. It was one of those mods I could not play BG2 without.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    ego1ste said:

Just what I wanted to say. There's a thread which discusses this problem with quest items. Some of them are not even necessary, but you still don't want to throw them away (want to keep them as a reminder, reread old letters, idk). SO if there would be some special space for these stuff outside your inventory, it would be cool.

If it's too much to ask, a simple bag of holding in BG1 would do the trick as well :)
  • JrkJrk Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    Senash said:

ego1ste said:

Just what I wanted to say. There's a thread which discusses this problem with quest items. Some of them are not even necessary, but you still don't want to throw them away (want to keep them as a reminder, reread old letters, idk). SO if there would be some special space for these stuff outside your inventory, it would be cool.

If it's too much to ask, a simple bag of holding in BG1 would do the trick as well :)
    A keyring would be nice for areas that require many keys with no opportunity to dump stuff elsewhere. But alot of times if I wanted to hold onto stuff, but it served no purpose for a quest n' such (i.e. letters) I would just use the closest chest to the door of my stronghold or a chest in an inn/store I stop at regularly.
    No one here has used BG1 Tweaks (or BG2 Tweaks if you're on Tutu/BGT/BGEE)?

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg1tweaks/
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/

Already has implemented most of what you ask for:
    - Sellable items (can finally do something with those pointless letters etc.)
    - Add bags of holding (and other such containers)

A special container just for quest items might be hard to implement, since there is not a special item type for quest items (and bags are restricted to the item types you can put in them). But having a separate container you can put such items in should solve that (and thus the Tweak should address it).
  • LugeLuge Member Posts: 90
    Or... Just delete keys that are used? There's really no need to keep them.

L.
  • RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    If implemented, a keyring is one of those items that you should just get for free. I'm not going to buy one with the hope that I'll stumble onto a key somewhere, especially in BG1 where keys are rarer. Keys should come with keyrings. When you pick up your first key, a keyring appears in your inventory.
    ego1ste said:

This crossed my mind as well; a "party treasure" page. A separate page that contains quest items that all players have access to.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    It would be nice to have a folder in your diary maybe, where you could store all leters, notes etc.