Skip to content

A little insight...

SedSed Member Posts: 790
@Bhryaen @Avenger_teambg @CamDawg @Ward

Hey guys!
I'm following the "Bugs" and "Fixed" thread with quite some interest, seeing some odd, funny and just weird bugs that have plagued the game throughout the years (and I'm quite astound of how you manage to find some of them). I've seen that you refer to a buglist that is not on this forum, but a different one.

Just how many outstanding bugs are still on that list? And how many are on the Fixed-list by now?
I've seen quite the decrease in posting the last weeks, so I take that as a good thing :-)
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The bug list is really just the beta testing forums themselves. I wouldn't put too much stock in the rate that they get pushed out into the public forums as it's really more a reflection on when one of our poor moderators has a chance to catch up. :)
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Sed
    The ebb and flow of the transfer of new threads to the Fixed forum is mostly caused by the cyclical nature of the fixes we address and where we're focusing. Sometimes we end up collectively digging into the issues in the game themselves rather than managing fixes directly. Other times we're dealing with all sorts of issues that are just spoilers for the public forum and thus kept "in-house." Each issue addressed needs to be verified before considering it fixed, and some of the issues... are difficult to confirm... And in still other instances, yes, as @CamDawg mentions, there's simply a delay due to moderator overwhelmsion. :-P Keep in mind that there's also a delay after confirming fixes to give us a buffer in case the issue ends up needing more work after all.

@Ward
    Hey, looks like you're part of the team! ;-)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @CamDawg @Bhryaen I noticed how you both managed to not answer the question regarding the number of outstanding bugs!

@Ward needed a bit of love! ;-)
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Sed
    I'm not even sure what you're referring to regarding the "buglist that is not on this forum." What you're seeing is a portion of the end results. In terms of overall numbers... It's a lot. And it keeps growing.
    @Bhryaen
    I've just seen links to a place I can't enter.. beamdog beta forum, as CamDawg pointed out :-)

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Do you guys at least have the ability to set the level of importance for bugs so that you know which ones that need to be addressed before launch, and which ones can be fixed with patches post ship?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yeah, we do that already.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Bhryaen said:

@Sed
    I'm not even sure what you're referring to regarding the "buglist that is not on this forum." What you're seeing is a portion of the end results. In terms of overall numbers... It's a lot. And it keeps growing.

There are bugs on the BG1 Fixpack private forum (on gibberlings3.net). @Balquo and others have reported many of these, but many others never made it into the BG1 Fixpack since it never had an official release and is still a work in progress. If any of you folks want access to the G3 Fixroom, I'm sure @CamDawg will grant you access on G3. On thing I'd intended to do as a betatester is go through the unincorporated bug reports and see if they're addressed in BGEE. But since it won't even run on my machine as yet, there is little I can do as far as actual testing (though I can use DLTCEP and other modding tools to investigate things like creature and item bugs).
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012
    @Bhryaen @Sed

Don't worry, I do have the badge, it's just set on 'hide' so I can do secret undercover ninja beta testing. FOR THE WIN.

It seems to me like everything important has been addressed, except for a few 'bits' here and there. The problem with those beta testers is once they've eliminated all critical bugs, the ones which remain are hidden even furthur, preventing a truly and utterly bug free game.

I think it's like one of those anti bacterial sprays. They kill 99.9% of germs but they can't assure you 100%. ;)

The good news is with all of these mods incorporated into the game we can be confident most of the 'most noticed and annoyingly obvious' bugs are destroyed.
    Hopefully yea.. I tried to install BGT twice yesterday with different mods, and it failed miserably. I thought I had it nailed down the second time up until the point where I wanted Montaron to dual wield bastard swords, which crashed the game :-(

So I guess I just have to wait for BG:EE to play again.. can't be arsed with all the problems.
    @Sed If you want help with modding the game let me know, I can walk you through the painful trip.
    edited September 2012
    @Ward
    Well, I thought I'd go with a "basic" install not to make it too fancy.
    BGT, Unfished business, BG1npc and SCS.
    Even skipped UB in the last install, and still it crashed when Montaron tried to dual wield..
    @Sed Not using IA?
    @Ward Infinity Animations? Nope
    Cut out SCS and see what happens. No reason Monty should crash your game. This one puzzles.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    OMG no Infinity Animations? Preposterous! :P

That's why it doesn't work. If IA isn't there, it's broken! :P
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Sed said:

@Ward
    Well, I thought I'd go with a "basic" install not to make it too fancy.
    BGT, Unfished business, BG1npc and SCS.
    Even skipped UB in the last install, and still it crashed when Montaron tried to dual wield..

The short term fix to this I found was to use a smaller resolution (if not using the widescreen mod).
    Seems indeed like it was the resolution. Went back to 800x600 and it works.
    Widescreen mod next i believe :-)