Skip to content

Question about Ascension and Sarevok (spoilers)

So because I played the original game with Ascension several years ago, I know that in the final battle Amellisan tries to convince Sarevok to join her if he's in your party, but you can prevent this if you had previously turned him Chaotic Good.

However, for my future runs in the EE, I intend to bench Sarevok because I'm too attached to my normal party, but I'm not sure if Ascension!Amellisan will just teleport Sarevok to the Mana Forge to tempt him. Does this happen, or will she ignore Sarevok so long as he's not actually in your party during the final battle?

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    It's been a while since I've played Ascension, but yes I believe Melissan will just summon Sarevok if he isn't with you. And as a result you do have to fight him.
  • SFFSFF Member Posts: 5
    Welp, guess I WILL have to keep him in my party long enough to redeem him after all.

I mean, I WAS planning to do that anyway...probably. But this just gives me more incentive.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited April 2016
    You don't actually have to convert Sarevok if you want him to stay loyal.

If you're Evil, the key is to allow him to join you without requiring an oath. Agree with him in a later dialogue about power, and that maybe he has a place at your side in the future, and Sarevok will still side against Amelyssan.
  • BeroliBeroli Member Posts: 6
    Converting him will not matter; if he's not in your party, she'll summon him and he'll fight for her (I guess he backslides quickly, if he can tell you just kept him around to change him and then ditched him).