Skip to content

Items at Ducal Palace

Seems I'm turning into the questions-guy, and this one is somewhat hard to keep spoiler free, but let me try:

At Baldur's Gate Ducal Palace, you are introduced to your personal chest, which contains items transferred from BGEE. It's the items from your own inventory and perhaps includes the items from a few companions, too. I don't know all the details yet, but the chest is taken with you later on and will be available at the camp, but that's not the question. The real mystery is this:

There is a second chest. Some kind of cabinet/locker. To be found in a room at the very south of the same level of the palace. It contains fewer items, but some very special ones including a Robe of the Good Archmagi, an almost full Scroll Case and various magic user items such as wands. What is the background of those items? Is that Imoen's room? Those items exist even if Imoen has not been in the BGEE party and has not been converted from Thief into Mage either. I can't be Dynaheir's items either, because she was not in my party when facing Sarevok. Are those items a simple boon for those who explore the palace in detail?

Comments

• justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Curious, very curious, the other question guy says. :smiley:

I think it's Imoens (who was part of my party in BG) items (and her room). Since i knew she was being taken from me in the beginning of the game, I redistributed her items to other party members. For me the chest contained: a short bow, 40 arrows, 3 potions of healing, a oil of speed and a wand of missiles (those are her items when you first encounter her in BG. Additionally it had three scrolls: Magic Missiles, Identify and Armor.

I think those three are a hint to her being dualed to a mage and now I'll dash through the prologue to see what the chest yields for me when I don't "steal" Imoens stuff before finishing the game with her in my party.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    For me that was Imoen's stash of gear. Her Archmage Robe, Short Sword of Backstabbing and Dryad Shortbow etc...
  • Granas3Granas3 Member Posts: 41
    It's all of imoen's stuff, plus some extra things like a scroll of Magic Missile that she's presumably studying with jannath. All othe chracters keep what they were wearing, and drop off what they were carrying in your chest.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    can confirm after testing. It's what Imoen had in her inventory plus the items mentioned above. What wasn't coherent with the OPs findings however was the fact that he found the items even when Imoen wasn't in his party. For me, booting Imoen before exporting netted nothing but the standard gear plus the three scrolls.

It is, however, good to know, that in my next parties I can use Imoen as a mule for items I want in SoD, but NOT in the starting dungeon, where my inventory got really stuffed on my first play through.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Indeed, it's Imoen's equipment and inventory. It's just that I've confused two final saves, where I used the same name for the main character, and actually Imoen was dual'ed to Mage at Thief level 4, so she was a party member.