Skip to content

Anyone here from the old Black Isle boards?

TheOriginalImoenTheOriginalImoen Member Posts: 8
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
I joined BIS a bit late in 2001 with the idea of getting a multiplayer, roleplaying-heavy game set up with some fellow fans. That never really went ahead but I made the boards my home and spent the subsequent years till it was shut down annoying everyone around me with my constant Haer'Dalis fangirling as well as my ratio of posts about the game to mindless spam. I've fallen out of touch with most of the people I used to know, though I did meet my fiancee there when he shot me a PM about liking the fanfiction I'd been writing and asked if I wanted to help him make a mod. The mod fell through in the end, but I did (eventually) get a boyfriend out of it, so it was a net gain.

Anyone remember the Mithril Blades? How about the hive of scum and villainy that was the Way, Way Off-Topic forum? Let's reminisce!
Post edited by TheOriginalImoen on

Comments

• ...so yer still in luv wit' Queer'Dalis??...figures...have a look-see o'er at Obsidz once in a while an' give yer favorite furball a "Hey"... ;p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...
  • Oh god, how did I know you were gonna crawl out of the woodwork? Still annoying the hell out of everyone with your incoherent rambling, I see.

(Yeah, I missed you too. :D)
  • ...o' course ya did...like a big, ol' hateful teddybear, I is...so how is ya, wee one??...tell Unca Sargy a story...;p

• I'm living in England with my aforementioned fiance right now and am about to start a master's course in English Lit before moving back to the States with him next year. A whole lot's happened since the salad days obviously, but it's all starting to vaguely come together at this point. How are you doing?
  • ...nicely done, Immie; good ta hear yer doin' so well...I's pretty much the same, jus' 'round alot less these days; kids , work , an' a "Honey, do..." list does that ta ya...;p

• Well, good to know you're hanging in there in any casee. But hey, reminiscing! I really wish I'd been able to save half the threads I remember from that place. Like the inn I started. And that ridiculous Roleplaying Clique. And all our witty repartee, of course. :D
  • ...drop by Obsidian; e'en Lord Chaos popped up today...lot o' reminiscing goin' on lately...;p

• AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139

Anyone remember the Mithril Blades?

It doesn't seem like it was 10 years ago. Crazy how much time has passed.

For the most part I have fond memories of the old Black Isle boards.