Skip to content

What can change the nature of a man?

FaranorFaranor Member Posts: 10
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
searching for the answer since 1999...

Comments

• NachtwacheNachtwache Member Posts: 36
    but you played the game, right? because then you should know it..
  • FaranorFaranor Member Posts: 10
    indeed, i just wanted to stir some flashbacks...
  • NachtwacheNachtwache Member Posts: 36
    so it's good that i haven't spoilered the answer .. phew! ;-)
    there don't seem to be many Planescape fans around. quite a pity ... :-(
  • FaranorFaranor Member Posts: 10
    more than a pity, nothing compares to the Torment experience, simply one of the best RPGS ever made with unique and original story, i really hope to see an EE of Planescape Torment in the future...
  • Blakes7Blakes7 Member Posts: 83
    For most people today $$ if I'm wearing my cynical hat. But the game has the better answer...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @State_lemming Highlander will always be relevant to BG.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Fond memories stirred. Torment's the best RPG I've ever played, and changed the way I look at gaming entirely! <3
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    I know what you mean, it really raised my expectations of what games should aspire to.
  • ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    The prospect of an enhanced edition of Planescape Torment, as mentioned by Trent some time ago, is part of the reason why it's important that BG1 EE succeeds. Torment is probably my favourite RPG.
  • the_ignoredthe_ignored Member Posts: 2
    I'd give anything to be able to get in on that...either playing (of course!) or designing. I can only imagine what all could be added..."The Friendly |Fiend's" shop would be an excellent place for side-quests, and I'd love to see some other places in Sigil such as: The Armory, the Jail, etc. More details from the other planes would be cool tool.

It'd be nice to see some higher level fiends and powers in play than what they had in the original game.

I could go on and on...but you know what I mean. The hard part would be limiting it to a playable size.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited October 2012

I'd give anything to be able to get in on that...either playing (of course!) or designing. I can only imagine what all could be added..."The Friendly |Fiend's" shop would be an excellent place for side-quests, and I'd love to see some other places in Sigil such as: The Armory, the Jail, etc. More details from the other planes would be cool tool.

I was really looking forward to the Lady's Ward...
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Puberty.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Well, the girdle of masculinity/feminity for one thing.