Skip to content

Breaking Scripts (Spoilers)

CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Playing BG2, there's a pirate port. As part of the main quest, a cutscene triggers in an inn and the man helping you is assassinated. I always thought it was annoying you couldn't save him, so one time I used a Wand of Wonder on him til he got the Stoneskin effect. And he stood there getting whacked by the assassin til he chipped through Stoneskin and killed him. It took him a good two or three minutes.

So, the reason for this thread. What would it take to keep Gorion alive? Assume you're taking a Throne of Bhaal character and throwing it into the first Baldur's Gate game. Could you take a Planetar with you? Buff Gorion to the point he could kill Sarevok with his dagger? What do you guys think?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Unless I'm mistaken Gorion gets killed by the script after a certain amount of time has passed - so you can't save him by enhancing his defensive capabilities, you'd have to alter the script. I'm not sure if the Sarevok "armored figure" creature has an effect to prevent it from getting killed, but it would seem fairly likely to prevent mishaps - if so you wouldn't be able to kill it by enhancing Gorion's offensive capabilities either.
  • AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    Once Gorion managed to kill Sarevok before he was killed by the scripts himself.
    When I entered the battlefield (the next morning when Imoen runs to you, saying "heya, it`s me, Imoen" Sarevok's corpse was gone, but he had dropped a pretty good plate mail (the one with the brown icon).
    Anyway, this happened to me only once in my entire BG1 playtime, maybe it was because of a bug which had been patched later on...
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    I believe @TrentOster once said that in an early developmental stage of the game, Gorion managed to kill 'Armoured Figure' and the end-game credits ran...
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    You can't make Gorion live AFAIK, but maybe you can resurrect him.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    neur0 said:

You can't make Gorion live AFAIK, but maybe you can resurrect him.

A mod that offers a resurrectable Gorion is an intriguing thought. Lot of work though.
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    Perhaps you can only restore his spirit with which you can converse and reflect on the choices you made up to that point.
    He is your Obi1 after all.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, communicating with his spirit apparition perhaps...
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    I suspect the Gorion in the cutscene isn't the same as the guy standing in Candlekeep.

Testing out a wild Mage, I summoned a Fiend into Winthrop's inn and kited it to Gorion. The Fiend one-shotted everybody it came across (and chunked quite a few watchers), but it took 7-8 hits for Gorion to drop.

I'd guesstimate that he's got between 140 and 160 HP. Quite a bit more than he seems to have in the cut scene.