Skip to content

What is up with the new layout!?

mingymingy Member Posts: 1
First of all I want to say why couldn't I chose the category in English only Deutch and Italian was available, that is quite weird. So I chose "troubleshooting". Since I couldn't even select BG, only Icewindale very strange.

Ok so for me this new Baldur's Gate EE is unplayable. Seriously I don't give a crap about your "SJW" forced expansion that seems to be under fire by a lot of people. I really don't mind it, you can write the game how you damn well please.

However what I do have in mind is the new layout. It is just not playable, it's extremely buggy I often get stuck in different screens (PC). Multiplayer crashed a lot with the old build. Now for the first time after the patch I tried to play multiplayer for 1 hour, only successfully managing to join one game without crash to desktop. After about 10 minutes in this game I crashed, my longest play online :)

What is even worse is that you disabled the ability to just click "Play" on a character and you now have to import it first. This removes multiple options for me. My thought is that you wanted to disable cheaters? Well I can still give me full admin rights on a multiplayer game by using cheat engine in less than 5 minutes. Also custom scripts can be in all games. So as a cheater you don't limit my ability to cheat at all, you only fuck me in my enjoyment when playing the game. (What I mean is that you could click play and you would immediately jump in game with that character).

So honestly your low scores on the game is probably not the political correct sjw bullshit, it is probably the fact that your multiplayer is completely broken and also the layout is all around shit. The multiplayer part has been broken since the beginning of this game and is 10x times worse now and since you never managed to fix it I doubt it will ever work great, maybe you can manage to get it on the same level as before. About the layout thing I bet you can fix the bugs, but it will still look quite garbage.

Sorry if I sound angry, I actually bought both BG:EE and BG2:EE. Which is not something I can say for most games, I really wanted to show support for BG since it's a game that I love. But in this state I much rather boot up the original and just play singleplayer than trying to coupe with these differences, especially since multiplayer is flat out broken.

Comments

• STBorgSTBorg Member Posts: 66
    Most of bugs are reported, including UI and Multiplayer ones and will be fixed in next update. If you complain about design changes.. well, enjoy your complaining.
    This was huge patch, so bugs are just there, it is kinda expectable.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Next patch should bring Baldur's Gate II UI layout inline with BG and SoD UI layout, and also fix numerous issues too (Should be a fairly extensive patch).