Skip to content

BG1 vs BG2? When are we going to get some new voices for BG2?

In my personal opinion, I think BG1 is the definitive version over BG2.

Perhaps there's a bigger market for BG1 over BG2, but I love that in BG1 there's always been tweaks that has certainly made it better, at least when concerning roleplaying elements added to the games. For example, it seems like it was patched more often over the years, had more voices, and more portraits at first.

But now we receive all these cool voices in the new expansion update, and for the life of me I couldn't find them in BGII, which is a big shame.

These voices are top-notch, and the work that Beamdog put into them should be also in BGII as well. Or, it would be great if some new voices were added altogether.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    I'm surprised they didn't add the new voices to BG2, though you can probably do it yourself with fairly little effort.

Voice is usually one of the more expensive parts, so seeing effort there is good. The original voice files do have a bit of a dated quality to them. Though of course I personally always play with sound off, so... ¬_¬
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I imagine there must be royalty reasons why they can't add the new voices to BG2.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    I made a master sound folder to include all BG1 orginal + the new EE ones, the ones Siege introduced as well as the BG2 ones and put in all three games data folder. Sadly, it means I don't get the text come up on most of them when the character is saying whatever.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    I guess it's not easy to get the lines of text to show. Probably an engine limitation, if it had been easy to make it so users can add those text lines alongside their custom sounds, I'm sure Beamdog would have made it that way.